Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 ARFoundation & LWRP crisis thread

Discussion in 'AR' started by Blarp, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Blarp

Blarp

Putting updated info in this spot so we don't have to tab between 6 different sources.

Srokaaa and edee1337 like this.
  2. Srokaaa

Srokaaa

Yeah, we could pin this thread. I keep my fingers crossed for ARFoundation team :)

Blarp likes this.
  3. phili_maas

phili_maas

good idea!
    I am also confused in general by all the package changelogs and documentation, the fact that der is an arfoundation2.0 only for 2019.2 is interesting but it's hard to find the most up to date api changes for specific versions

Blarp likes this.
  4. michaelybecker

michaelybecker

Some context here would be very helpful - is the crisis that LWRP is problematic under 2019? Are we better off working in 2018 for now?

5. Blarp

Blarp

when 2019 first came out, arfoundation was broke for 3 days in lwrp. Was a tough time, but we got through it together.

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples/tree/lwrp-2019.1

Absolutely go 2019. But be aware that the package versions you use are different.

See todd's thread here (should be stickied): https://forum.unity.com/threads/lwrp-arfoundation-workaround-for-2019-1.664195/

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    michaelybecker likes this.
  6. michaelybecker

michaelybecker

thanks for all of this, really awesome to know. Now, if we only had a decent previewing tool... That broken pre-alpha mess is such a painful regression from the standard that ARCore / Instant Preview set a couple years back. But I realize that's not necessarily your neck of the woods and, as always, grateful for everyone's hard work:)

Blarp likes this.