Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 android app launch hang

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DaddySculpin, Aug 15, 2019.

1. DaddySculpin

DaddySculpin

Near as I can tell, anything I compile with unity 2019.x can no longer be launched by another program.
    Any software launch call results in the app hanging at a black screen (before any splash screen sequence is created)
    this happens across many different launching tools:
    Surelock, the 'open' button after a side-load apk install, custom apps with the 'launchIntent' calls

packageManager.Call<AndroidJavaObject>("getLaunchIntentForPackage", bundleId);

note that all of the above work with apps compiled with Unity version prior to 2019;
    the same code when calling a 2019 compiled app just hangs at a black screen.

launching directly from the OS still works, just not via a software call.

what if anything changed in the 2019 launch sequence? Ive tried removing all external pcakaged, any extra API calls, the app never makes it to the splashScreen.
    Subsequent direct launches will also hang until the app cache is cleared.

note this is on a stand alone Daydream Mirage Solo headset.

2. DaddySculpin

DaddySculpin

update, while the problem is not yet resolved, I can add that I have been able to build APKs that behave correctly in 2019.x when opened via a software call, so it appears to be some combination of build settings or incompatible plugins. I will post the solution once verified.