Search Unity

2019.4LST & URP

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by browne11, Jun 16, 2020.

1. browne11

browne11

Can you use this version without SRP? Reading the documentation says it's the default pipeline now. Wondering which version of 2019 would be best to keep up to date yet still using built in render.
    Thanks

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  2. Yes, it can be used without SRP. There is no immediate plan to remove the built-in pipeline any time soon.
    answer.PNG
    While this says "none", you're using the built-in pipeline. If you install any SRP and create the appropriate asset in the project and link here, then you will use the SRP pipeline.
    Even if you install the SRP and you don't put any assets here, you're using the built-in.

browne11 likes this.
  3. browne11

browne11

Thanks so much!

I just accidentally installed URP and it did like 4 hours of updates. I didn't attached the pipeline asset. Wondering if I should just move on or remove URP package. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

4. If you're not planning to use it, you can remove the regarding packages.

If you made 4 hours of work on this, that probably will cost you more to get back the shaders in place everywhere.

I guess you don't have a saved backup or version control right before your "accidental" (?) URP installation...
    If I'm right, it's time to use any version control system. There are many free solutions.

browne11 likes this.
  5. browne11

browne11

I've got backups, but I just didn't want to head down that road without seeing if this could be fixed. Shaders all appear to be standard still. So hoping they aren't affected. Thanks for your help!