Search Unity

2019.4: Package not auto-installed when updating from SVN, how to restore?

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by plmx, Sep 16, 2021.

1. plmx

plmx

Hi,

Checking in the project (without Library) into SVN and checking out elsewhere doesn't seem to be able to carry over the information that the Localization package was installed; at least, for me it doesn't show up in the Package Manager when I open the project, and I get errors related to the Localization package.

I can install the package manually via the Git URL "com.unity.localization", which works - but then the project is not configured for Localization anymore, i.e. Settings > Localization is not filled. The files, i.e. the various Addressables and Localization assets, are there.

How is the process for restoring the project for Localization from this point on? When I click on the double circle next to "Active Settings" in Localization, I get an empty dialog. When I drag the Localization Settings in, they are accepted, but the Available Locales are empty. "Add All" doesn't do anything, no errors. I also tried dragging the Adressable settings to the Addressables Group window, but I got a NullReference in the addressables package.

So, what is the process for (re-)setting up addressables and localization?

Philip

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

It sounds like maybe you did not commit a file in SVN. Did you commit Packages/manifest.json? This should have the package so that it gets added.

plmx likes this.
  3. plmx

plmx

Ah. Thank you, that, indeed, was the problem (we do some package customization depending on platforms, thats why I missed it).

Having said that, shouldn't selecting the localization settings in the project window be possible? Or do I have to set the Addressables up beforehand somehow?

Philip

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

You also need to commit the file ProjectSettings\EditorBuildSettings.asset
    This has the links to Localization settings and Addressable settings

5. plmx

plmx

Yes, I know (and it works for me now), - but what I meant was if I get into a situation where I would need to re-add, or possibly also change, addressables and localization from .asset files (in other words, the m_configObjects within EditorBuildSettings) - that should be possible, right?

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Yes. For localization you should be able to select the Localization Settings.asset file in the project view, it should give you can option to make it the active settings.
    Im not sure about Addressables but I think it may be possible in the Addressables Group window.

7. plmx

plmx

OK Thanks. I believe that I ran into an Addressables issue earlier when trying to re-add those. If it happens again, I'll let the Addressables team know.

Philip

karl_jones likes this.