Search Unity

2019.3 - validation on upload to store gives "UnityFramework.framework contains disallowed file"

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Firewalker, Sep 26, 2019.

1. swifter14

swifter14

So many different answers!! What's the correct answer? "Always Embed Swift Standard Libraries". Set No to all targets? (Unity-iphone,Unity iphone tests, unityFramework) Or YES to Unity-iphone and no to unityFramework. I'm afraid to disable something that I actually need.

2. Dev_GTS

Dev_GTS

This worked for me.Thankyou

3. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

In our case, this exact issue was caused by a Google Plugin for Unity - Unity-Jar-Resolver (or alternatively confusingly named External Dependency Manager) in version 1.2.171. The more recent 1.2.172 fixed the plugin adding the Always Embed Swift Libraries entry to the Xcode project where it shouldn't be - Link

Now that plugin just causes another irritating issue in Unity 2022+ versions where Unity constantly errors that Non-secure network connections are disabled in Player Settings (which is a good thing imo) but that is caused by the plugin having Analytics enabled.

Starbox, ing_unity, Geoffl and 3 others like this.
  4. G-Locasso

G-Locasso

Hey, thank you so much for pointing out these situations, I was dealing with the deployment of a project that I didn't develop and I had no idea that it had this plugin (also thank you² for clarifying the name, I wouldn't be able to tell it was google jar resolver if it was not for it) on the project. After a lot of trial and error with others' contributions, this is what solved for me!

5. Dev_GTS

Dev_GTS

6. abcjjy

abcjjy

It seems that this issue is related to Google's External Dependency Manager rather than Unity. EDM adds a dummy swift file and sets ALWAYS_EMBED_SWIFT_STANDARD_LIBRARIES to resolve swift lib loading problem on older systems.

They have removed ALWAYS_EMBED_SWIFT_STANDARD_LIBRARIES settings in EDM post build script in the latest release v1.2.172.

7. livingtarget

livingtarget

Just adding the fix that worked for me, assuming you already have a post process for iOS the following code should fix it. Maybe not in all cases, but it did for me in 2020. It's simply adapted from this thread.

Code (CSharp):
    1. PBXProject pbxProject = new PBXProject();
    2. pbxProject.ReadFromFile (projectPath);
    4. string frameworkGuid = pbxProject.GetUnityFrameworkTargetGuid();
    5. pbxProject.SetBuildProperty(frameworkGuid, "ALWAYS_EMBED_SWIFT_STANDARD_LIBRARIES", "NO");
    This only disables it for the UnityFramework in the xcode project which I think is supposed to be the correct behaviour.

8. el_Guero

el_Guero

Worked for me too. Nothing else needed. Just set the first to yes, the second to no.
    Thanks a lot!

9. omermesebuken

omermesebuken

Bro thats actually works haha. Thanks a lot.

10. microperts

microperts

This worked for me. Thank you sir

sfilo likes this.
  11. fizzyfrosty

fizzyfrosty

You are a LIFE SAVER!! This had never happened to me, but for some reason I got this error right away after I switched to an Android build for the first time (after like 80% into the project). Then when I switched back to iOS, I got that error out of the blue. Timing was too coincidental if you ask me. But yeah, this fix in Xcode before archiving worked! Thank you!!

sfilo likes this.
  12. yuliyF

yuliyF

SplenShepard likes this.
  13. enhawk

enhawk

worked for me!
    Unity 2021.3.16 LTS (iOS)
    Xcode 13.4.1
    Cocoapods 1.11.3
    MacOS 12.6
    FB SDK 14.1

14. Apollych

Apollych

Didn't work for me. I can upload the build after this but it crashes some seconds after start on the device

15. Edan-Smith

Edan-Smith

The exact same behavior is happening to me, did you find a solution?

16. Calvin2274

Calvin2274

17. ing_unity

ing_unity

Thanks a lot, i have settting ALWAYS_EMBED_SWIFT_STANDARD_LIBRARIES correct in code, But from a certain time it doesn't working

ROBYER1 likes this.
  18. Maverickyy

Maverickyy

Thank you, it worked for me
    unity 2022.3.5f1
    xcode 14.3.1

19. triple_why

triple_why

Same at Unity 2022.3.13 and Xcode Version 15.0.1.

At Xcode; project navigator > select project > select UnityFramework target > build settings > build options > set "Always Embed Swift Standard Libraries" to "No".

20. Starbox

Starbox

I have this error with the app that goes to the background.
    I'm on the latest Unity 2022 LTS and Xcode 15.3.

People say it's crashing but I don't think it does. You can find your app moving to the background almost immediately on launch, about one second of wait time or slightly more at worse. Then if you go fetch that app from the cards menu and try to bring it back to the foreground, it instantly goes back into the background. It's like the app is... super shy.
    The app doesn't crash, it's still "running"... more like hanging.
    Your iPhone saves logs of crashing events:

The list might be long but if your app crashed the file's name would have it at the beginning of its string. I will bet that you won't find such a log file in this specific case.

Incidentally you can look into Xcode's Instruments (Xcode > Open Developer Tools > Instruments) and let it launch the app when your device it plugged into your computer, and you shall find that a thread is blocked.
    Developpers can also start a recording in Settings > Developper > Logging, FWIW.

I haven't added this script yet BUT I already use the Xcode Workspace option for the Cocoapods integration so I doubt that option is what solves the issue.

The real question is why can't this be set from within Unity without using any third party's script? It should be very easy to carry on the "no" value along the Unity.framework during the creation of the Xcode project by Unity.

21. Starbox

Starbox

One can also check directly into the Xcode project folder (terminal, cd "path") and type
    You will see several FB related elements and their versions, including FBAEMKit (which I'm sure relates to the Aggregated Event Measurement functions), and maybe some of them in need of an update.