Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug 2019.3 Editor Crashes and Render Errors

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by PredOp, May 14, 2020.

1. PredOp

PredOp

I try so set up a new VR Project (Vive) with Unity 2019.3 and the Valve OpenVR Plugin. I didn't get far, because the Editor crashes every time i start the playmode when the headset is not detected by SteamVR. But even when i manage to get it to run all i see is pink in the game tab as well on the left lens of the headset, the right lens only shows the background without the scene game objects. I guess the renderer is messing up somehow.

Has anbody the same Problems? Perhaps its would be better to use an older Unity Version, is there a consensus on this issue?

frozaxgames likes this.
  2. frozaxgames

frozaxgames

I have a similar problem. The game crashes nearly everytime when I press play. When it doesn't crash, I can see the VR view in the "Preview" on the editor. But in the headset, pink shapes in the left eye, black in the right eye.
    I followed the tutorial on the SteamVR plugin to set up my scene.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  3. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey folks - it might be worth raising a bug report in that case so we can look internally at this and assess whether or not this is an issue for us to fix or something on Valve's end.

The process to report a bug can be found here. Once done, feel free to post your issue tracker numbers here and I can let the team know :)