Search Unity

[2019.3.b8] Alpha gradient is opaque

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by StarChick971, Nov 6, 2019.

1. StarChick971

StarChick971

Hello,

I was following this video tutorial from Brackeys to reproduce the intersection effect where the gradient fades the borders of the sphere:

Instead, I don't see the gradient alpha which should be fading out the sphere from the intersection to its center. I only get an opaque border rather than gradient:
    upload_2019-11-6_17-45-16.png

Perhaps I did something wrong but I think I carefully followed the tutorial step-by-step but with the same result at the end.
    My goal is to make a foam effect on a water surface afterward...
    Thank you.

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Are you sure that the material type is set to transparent?
    This looks líke the cutoff when its set to opaque.

3. StarChick971

StarChick971

Yes it is:
    upload_2019-11-7_22-2-44.png
    I think...

4. StarChick971

StarChick971

Hum I changed also AlphaClipThreshold to 0, but still the same... I am wondering if URP is set correctly...

5. StarChick971

StarChick971

I started from an empty project, then reproduced the field shader, then saved the graph which I copied inot my previous project...it works.
    Investigating my first shader test-project, I noticed some warnings & errors in the console:
    1 Error:

Shader error in 'Shader Graphs/Skirt': redefinition of 'unity_Builtins2Array' at /Project/Test-Unity/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@7.1.2/ShaderLibrary/UnityInput.hlsl(114) (on d3d11)

Warnings:
    Shader warning in 'Shader Graphs/Skirt': 'UNITY_MATRIX_M' : macro redefinition at /Project/Test-Unity/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@7.1.2/ShaderLibrary/Input.hlsl(63) (on d3d11)

Shader warning in 'Shader Graphs/Skirt': 'UNITY_MATRIX_I_M' : macro redefinition at /Project/Test-Unity/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@7.1.2/ShaderLibrary/Input.hlsl(64) (on d3d11)

Shader warning in 'Shader Graphs/Skirt': Output value 'vert' is not completely initialized at Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/Editor/ShaderGraph/Includes/PBRForwardPass.hlsl(18) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING