Search Unity

2019.3.10f1 initializeaddressablesasync() null reference

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by duartedd, Apr 21, 2020.

1. duartedd

duartedd

Hello
    Does anyone else build standalone and get
    null reference exception with the
    Addressables.InitializeAsync().Completed += objects =>
    {
    call?

thanks!
    daniel

2. duartedd

duartedd

upload_2020-4-21_8-32-8.png

using reporter (log viewer) this shows the errors i get

3. duartedd

duartedd

tried updating to the latest version of addressables - no dice

4. duartedd

duartedd

play mode works fine in the editor even with simulate groups is checked - trying to rebuild the content ,copying over the files to my webserver again and then rebuild the game,

this all worked fine in 2018 - but 2018 has a weird bug with the audio mixer and setfloat not wokring with addressables so trying to work around it with 2019

5. duartedd

duartedd

opp rebuilding all the things fixed it- but for some reason still in standalone mode the volume bars wont change the sounds in the game - but editor it works fine - will try to do some more troubleshooting with the reporter console now and see what i can find

6. duartedd

duartedd

var floater = ConvertToDecibel(_value / MusicSlider.maxValue);
    Debug.Log(floater + " 1");
    Mixer.SetFloat("MusicVol", ConvertToDecibel(_value / MusicSlider.maxValue)); //Dividing by max allows arbitrary positive slider maxValue
    Mixer.GetFloat("MusicVol", out floater);
    Debug.Log(floater + " 2" );

so with i can see the db values are being changed appropriately with the getfloat command - but the volume doesnt change on the audio source

upload_2020-4-21_10-1-51.png

7. duartedd

duartedd

okay narrowed it down - think it has something to do with the scene that was loaded was an addressable loaded scene - my other scene where i have the same sort of settings configuration - works fine but it isnt loaded built in - its loaded via addressable

8. duartedd

duartedd

Yeesh Fixed - so it was set via monobehaviour serialized so what i did was:
    in my preloaded scene - created a getmixer method that returns the mixer - that class is an single instantiated class so i can call that class ( happens to be my soundmanager) - in which i just call the getmixer method throw that in my settings scene and removed it being serialized problem solved - audio now changes appropriately. also you probably dont even need that getfloat method and can just call that mixer from the soundmanager and itll work too