Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2019.3.0f5 is awesome !

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by _met44, Jan 14, 2020.

1. _met44

_met44

Had to mention how good it felt trying out that new version.

I went in 2019.3 for various reason and loving it but it had some annoying flaws such as the import asset popup and collab losing its authentification...

All that is fixed and working very well so far now so kudos all who were involved in the making of this great new version ! ;)

Now the question is, when will this be available on cloud build ? Current latest available version has some issue with licensing or whatever so would be great have a newer version available ^^ !

I'm rolling out builds manually for my team but would be best if we could use cloud build again.

Cheers

2. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

As soon as 2019.3.0 gets officially released, it will be added to the cloud build machines. Thanks for your feedback!

Tanner555 and _met44 like this.
  3. iceb_

iceb_

2019.3.0f5 Seems to have resolved the editor memory leaks we were having where it spammed Allocation in console. Had to delete /Library/Script Assemblies and /Library/ShaderCache just to be sure.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Tanner555 and charlesb_rm like this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

2019.3.0f5? Where is 2019.2.18f1? 17f1 is one month old! :)

Akiracc likes this.
  5. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

It was released today. Sorry for the wait!

6. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

Sorry, but I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with the latest RC updates.
    With 2019.3.0f4, I had massive performence issues in the editor, at situation which Unity consumes about 30 of 32 GB of my RAM. Zooming in and editing light probes went in slow motion. And now with 2019.3.0f5 I get at random intervalls a render texture error and my scene no longer renders, had to restart the editor but sometimes even the task manager freezes and my device is locked for some minutes.
    And still you did not fixed the cloth distortion bug. I mean look at the issue tracker, 60 votes. Cloth is an important component for some projects.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yep, just noticed it in the Hub. :good: :D

charlesb_rm likes this.
  8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit bug reports for these issues?

If you're referring to this bug, that will be fixed in f6.

9. bugfinders

bugfinders

Have to agree here, this feels way more like a release candidate than those before it

charlesb_rm likes this.
  10. Tanner555

Tanner555

Unity 2019.3 release candidate 5 works very well on my end. Only main issues I find is when the asset import process finishes when I'm upgrading Unity, the memory in the asset pipeline process never cleans up the ram used (I can see over 2GB usage from the asset pipeline process). Restarting Unity fixes this issue completely.

The Editor in 2019.3 also has some noticeable performance regressions from older versions of Unity (people already reported this problem). Hopefully performance will be improve in newer versions of unity going forward.

charlesb_rm likes this.
  11. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

Not sure why I get these cryptic error messages at random intervalls in all projects I test with 2019.3.0f5.

D3D11: Failed to create render texture primary RTV (error 0x887c0003)
    D3D11: Failed to create render texture secondary RTV (error 0x887c0003)
    D3D11: Failed to create render texture UAV (error 0x887c0003)
    D3D11: Failed to create render texture SRV (error 0x887c0003)
    Failed to create Compute Buffer SRV, HRESULT: 0x887c0003
    Failed to create Compute Buffer UAV, HRESULT: 0x887c0003
    D3D11: Failed to create render texture primary DSV (error 0x887c0003)

And for the high ram usage, I get it even when disabling light and effect layers in editor window.
    That editor performence slow down seems to be related to the rendering errors above.
    Have close every time Unity to fix it.

I really do not like to invest into more RAM just because Unity eating system ressources like it is for free. And it goes to every aspect of Unity. In the last weeks I read many topcis and bugs in the forum and my conclusion is that at some point Unity uses system ressources shamelessy, from CPU spikes, to high ram and memory leakage and the gpu lightmapper that eating more VRAM then needed. If goes that way in the future, I need a really expensive super machine to mantain even small scenes in Unity. I really have no problem with other creative and 3D applications and I use a lot but Unity make my new device feel like it is an old Atari.

And Unity may never really noticed, because what I heard from your YouTube channel regarding videos showing demos to audience, and based on some forum post, you are using super machines with i9 and RTX 2080 Ti, even your guys who are responsible to answer to bug reports. Guess what Unity editor feels with less hardware power.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  12. filod

filod

Same issue, also happen in 2019.3.0f6(HDRP) somtimes causes blackscreen

Bordeaux_Fox likes this.
  13. _met44

_met44

have you guys tried filling in a bug report ? if you have a steady repro case it helps a lot getting things fixed on their end...

14. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

The things is that this bug happen randomly so there is no way to reproduce it instead of working hours with Unity.

15. redthrawn

redthrawn

Were you ever able to figure out what the problem was?