Search Unity

2019.3.0f1 Just hangs after loading default layout or reverting to factory.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Flamacore, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Flamacore

Flamacore

Hey there everyone. So I have a rather strange problem. I'm on windows 10 on 2 machines with the exact same graphics cards and similar high end intel cpus with 24GBs of ram on both machines. I've been using Unity for years and in fact I also teach it.

So the problem is that I've installed Unity 2019.3.0f1 on both of the computers. One of them launches fine but the other one just hangs whenever I try to open a project whether it's new or existing. It just asks if it should revert to factory settings or load the default layout and then hangs. Tried all the options. Numerous different projects. Upgraded some, downgraded some, copied from the working machine, tried to install it on SSD, move it back and forth between ssd, other disks, reinstalled, completely uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. This also happens with the 2020 alpha build on the same machine btw.

Obviously enough, I went to the editor log and came accross to this same error occuring tens of times (for about 700 lines on notepad++) along with some different lines in between. It seems like it crashed somehow but also didn't. The Editor.log does not increase in size but also no crash is thrown. Just blissful emptiness :) It also says "Looks like this project is open" when I try to re-open it without forcing it to stop from the processes window.

The error is this (but I'm also including the whole editor.log as an attachement):
    And this is how it looks when it hangs.

Attached Files:

2. JanBaa

JanBaa

Hi Flamacore,
    did you ever find a solution to this issue?
    At least unity is not freezing on my system but the exceptions are pretty annoying.