Search Unity

2019.2 - a horror trip

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Smileys, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Smileys

Smileys

I am using 2019.2 on a Mac and updated from 2019.1.2f just 2 days ago. It is nothing but crashes, bugs and weird behavior. The biggest problem is that the Editor refuses to work with VS Code several times a day. Then on random points the Editor starts to reimport all .blend files to .fbx when i hit Play. That almost always leads to a crash. I have updated Blender to the newest 2.8 release and that was fixing it temporarily - until it started again today. Reordering some editor windows - crash.

Then i started digging through the forums and found a thread where a poll showed that just weeks ago the vast majority of people thought that 2019.2 is nowhere near ready to release.

Is there any patch in sight? - As of now i am thinking of trashing 2 days of work and just roll a backup. This release is unusable for me. Sad thing is that 2019.1 was such a smooth and stable ride for me. I just updated because of some LWRP improvements.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Did you keep only the Assets, Packages and ProjectSettings directories and delete the rest before upgrading?

3. Smileys

Smileys

Hey, thanks for the reply. No, i did a regular Update. As far as i am aware, unity generates a lot of the stuff outside of the folders you mentioned new on updating a project. However i tried to delete the Library folder. It just took forever to reimport the Project and was not helping. As i am typing the editor lost the connection to VS Code again. Cant double click on the log to open the code section.

Ah and just a funny glitch:
    The image was from an accidental stack overflow (my bad). First the editor crashed and then on second try this happened.

Attached Files:

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Well, you should redo it after removing everything except the Assets, ProjectsSettings and Packages directories this time.

5. GainfulSage

GainfulSage

I'm getting strange font corruption in my Editor as well, also on 2019.2. It's spurious, changing focus on the Editor to Finder and back seems to fix(?).

I will try removing everything except those directories and see if that changes anything.

Attached Files:

6. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you're able to reproduce the issue, it would help if could you submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

Thanks in advance :)

7. GainfulSage

GainfulSage

Yup, already submitted this morning. :)

Peter77 likes this.