Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[2019.2, 2020.1 Alpha] Mouse scrolling does not work in Scene editor/anything with a scrollbar

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by Snobo, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Snobo

Snobo

Hello there,

I just recently started playing around with Unity and started off by checking out the Tutorials, where I had to install version 2018.3 for the tutorial of choice. In that version, scrolling was fine and working.
    Then I wanted to use some newer features, and also the UI is nicer, but I noticed that I couldn't scroll anymore. Anywhere in Unity. Not in the Inspector, not in the Scene view, not in the Project view, not when there was a scrollbar shown anywhere.
    This problem occurs in versions (that I tried out) 2019.2 and also the 2020.1 Alpha (currently installed is 14).
    I'm running on Archlinux x86_64, use i3 window manager and have a Razer Mamba Chroma (wired). The mouse works everywhere except in Unity. Therefore I guess (and hope) it's not my mouse.
    It's not a world-ending issue, but it does suck a little not being able to scroll at all.

I couldn't find any other post that describes this problem, so I made a new one. I hope this was enough information, else I'll provide more on request.

Hope there's a solution.

unityunity