Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2019.2.0b6 TextMesh Pro doesn't compile

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by Hyp-X, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Hyp-X

Hyp-X

Hi,

There are 178 compile error messages compiling the latest available TextMesh Pro package (2.0.1).
    This is a "2019.2 verified" package.

I would expect that officially supported, verified for this version packages would at least be tested to be compiling before releasing a new version... (sigh)

Edit: Needed a re- restart.
    Reimporting the package wasn't enough this time....
    Never mind

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  2. EvOne

EvOne

This 2019.2.0b6 is just a completely "non-living" version. -Could not start any of my project in it.
    At first, it was not possible to solve the problem with the versions of TestFramework package, when importing the project, then the "improved, according to release" Package Manager totally refused to work with the packages - it is impossible to reinstall the removed packages - they appear again in the list, but in fact they are not even in the manifest...
    Unable to completely remove nor reinstall...
    All of this is of course described in "known issues" - and "will be fixed in 2.0b7" - well, so start publishing with b7!
    -Why do I need a beta version with which it is impossible to work?
    -What can I test in it if it is impossible to solve one single, but the main problem - with the package manager?

Rolled back to 0b5 and forgot about the new version, as a nightmare ...

P.S. Sorry for googletranslate

3. Hyp-X

Hyp-X

Well I do need b6 because this is the first version with com.unity.audio.dspgraph support.
    I do work on beta versions in a branch while the rest of the team stays on the stable(*) version until the new one is ready for upgrade.

* stable = only crashing 5-10 times a workday

EvOne likes this.
  4. decimate_3d

decimate_3d

I'm seeing the same problem.

5. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

6. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

What errors are you getting? Please post a list of these errors.

Version 2.0.x requires the Scripting Runtime to be using .Net 4.x. If the project is still configured to .Net 3.5, you would get 60+ error message on that.

See the following thread as well which includes information about things like Bolt which can also cause issues.

I'll install the latest beta of 2019.2 tomorrow to see if I run into any issues. Hopefully, you can post these errors in the meantime which should help narrow down / identify the potential issue.

You might also try to create a new project just to make sure the default packages don't produce errors on their own. Then start adding the other packages.

P.S. Thanks for the summon as I mostly check / stick to the UI & TextMesh Pro section of the forum.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Lurking-Ninja likes this.
  7. decimate_3d

decimate_3d

> Version 2.0.x requires the Scripting Runtime to be using .Net 4.x

That fixed it for me. Many thanks!