Search Unity

2019.1 migration guide

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by antoine-unity, Mar 8, 2019.

1. antoine-unity

antoine-unity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

As the UIElements API is going out of experimental for 2019.1 we worked on a migration guide to ease the process as much as possible.

This was used internally at Unity and we thought it could be useful for the community as well.

Since most of our documentation efforts will actually go towards the official manual for UIElements, we'd rather share this with the community as-is and help with any issue you might have directly in the forums.

Thank you.

2. recursive

recursive

I still need to hunker down with UI Elements but I may have to start writing new editor tools at work so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

3. Lahcene

Lahcene

Thanks a lot, I recently tried to update old UIElements examples form the web, it was a nightmare, this will come in handy.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  4. MFKJ

MFKJ

Simply converting the Unity 2018.3.10 to Unity 2019.1.0 brings so many error in package. Is there any proper migration guide available that how to upgrade the project into 2019? I am trying re-import of the asset, maybe it will work.

5. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

This very thread is for such a migration guide. See the first post. :)
    Here's the link again: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mdMtTQVUkzQi7UIBXf1Eg1FzP7krmLVXCt-NwXm1APQ/edit

Are you looking for something else?

Lahcene likes this.