Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2019.1 2D Lights & Shadow Timeline

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits, Nov 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

After looking at the Unite LA Road map PDF I saw we have confirmation we have 2D shadows and lighting coming in 2019.1. The supporting lights said 2D Shaped Base lights, 2D points lights, and 2D spot lights.

I was wondering do they have any plans on releasing this during the alpha stages or should I not hold my breath and wait for beta timeline. Saying that I am really happy to see confirmation of a 2D lighting system. just saying if you guys want to go ahead and adds 2D collider navmesh support while your at it you won';t hear any complaints from me.

PS. keep up the good work.

Riminy and ElnuDev like this.
  2. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

Hi cecilcruxis,
    Some of the 2D features are not yet in the editor and will come during the alpha phase. However, some of the features will be delivered in Packages which might be delivered later during the beta phase.

3. alandean

alandean

I am in the 2019.1 beta and still dont see 2d lights. Is this feature still coming or is there a package i need to download?

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.