Search Unity

2019.1.11 and the Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Deleted User, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

@joeksy Still nothing. And before you ask, yes, I did close the Hub from the tray.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Still nothing...

4. Nullmind

Nullmind

Same here.
    Just waiting :p

GilbertoBitt likes this.
  5. RayDart

RayDart

Installing mine right now

GilbertoBitt likes this.
  6. GilbertoBitt

GilbertoBitt

on mine still not on unity hub.

7. AdamLiu

AdamLiu

Unity Hub is terrible. And in this case, Unity as well. If it's not available on the Hub, then don't release the update info in the website. It's basically cheating the users - imagine how you feel when you see the update info and launch the Hub and found out that it is NOT there. Such a frustrating experience.

Sarseth likes this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2019
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

If you install Unity using the installers that are on the version page, you won't be able to add certain modules through the Hub afterwards.

To install the new version of Unity though it's not in the Hub, go to the Download Archive page and click on the green Unity Hub button on the right. At least this works.

Sans-titre-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2019
    Nullmind and Awarisu like this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just filed a bug report, case 1170859.

I installed 2019.1.11f1 through the Hub using the green button I mention in my post #9. Installation went fine.

11. Sarseth

Sarseth

UnityHub is a meaningless app. Have anyone of you tried ever for example, jetbrains toolbox? It says by itself on launch there is update. No need to click anything, just launch it. BIG OPTION "update". Click it and it's done.
    Here? You have to go "add" then install manually, uninstall previous version, change projects to that. What's the purpose of that hub? Grouping projects? Awesome, so my directory on windows with shortcuts to all projects is replaced by app ;)

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Irrelevant. This is not a rant thread; there must be other places where your comment will be welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2019
    Rayeloy likes this.
  13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Still not in the Hub today... See my post #9 regarding the manual installation of Unity 2019.1.11f1.

14. mklasson

mklasson

Same issue here, 2019.1.11 not showing up in Unity Hub.

Incidentally, is there a way to see the filed bug report? I've tried searching for the case number in the issue tracker, but for some reason that comes up empty. Are issues not publicly visible until internal staff flags them as such or something?

15. Baste

Baste

Yes, they need to be flagged as public.

When you send a bug report, you should get an email pretty immediately to the email you put in the bug report that the report has been received, together with a link to the internal tracker, where you can see all of your bugs.

mklasson likes this.
  16. Deleted User

Deleted User

Don't bother. I just got an answer, the person said that they were aware of the problem and referred me to an issue tracker that has nothing to do with the problem I reported.

Obviously, the person who answered had no idea what they were talking about, unless my title is really obscure and does not describe the issue. What do you think? Here is the title (with the original typo): Unity 2019.1.11f1 was announced on July 19 at 11:42, almost 24h later it's still not availabe in the Hub

We are doomed. Where the hell are the Hub devs??? Are they all on vacation at the same time?

17. Rayeloy

Rayeloy

This is the first time this happens with the hub, I'm sure they will have it solved soon enough, let's be a bit more patient... In summer this kind of stuff happens, more often than I would like though.

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

Three days and almost a half now... :(

Rayeloy likes this.
  19. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @APSchmidt ,

We're terribly sorry for keeping silent! Forum duty was hazy around the weekend. The release update is usually synchronized but one of our key internal services was down and the update was missed. Everything should be fixed today.

Sorry again for the inconvenience,
    The Hub team

Rayeloy likes this.
  20. Deleted User

Deleted User

Glad to see you back at last! Waiting. :)

Rayeloy and AbrahamDUnity like this.
  21. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fixed! :)

Capture.JPG

22. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for confirming! Just as a side note we are working very closely with the release management team to make sure we're included in the release process and that these mishaps are avoided. Future releases should be very closely in sync with other official channels :)

Rayeloy and Deleted User like this.
  23. Deleted User

Deleted User

All I could hope for! :D

24. coder168

coder168

Hi,

The same issue happened again with Unity hub 2.1.0 and Unity 2019.2.3. From my screenshot, you can see only Unity 2019.2.2 is available with Unity hub 2.1.0, when Unity 2019.2.3 is available on its webpage. Please fix it as soon as possible, and let us know when it will be fixed. Unity hub lost one of its main purposes if it always fail to access the latest Unity version. Capture.PNG

25. Deleted User

Deleted User

The problem is elsewhere. The new releases of Unity 2019.2. are no longer announced on the forums; I suspect that this is why they are not available in the Hub until we kick the doors.

Up to recently they were announced here but since the last 2019.1, no announcements at all; we are left to go to the archive page to see what are the latest releases and hope that they are added to the Hub one day or another.

@LeonhardP @Charles_Beauchemin @AbrahamDUnity

26. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @APSchmidt & @coder168,

We encountered a small caching issue this week. We're still in the process of coordinating the release efforts. The release should be visible now.

Cheers,

Deleted User likes this.
  27. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's there indeed, thank you!

What about the announcements on the forums?

28. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Deleted User likes this.
  29. MikaMobile

MikaMobile

Looks like this is happening again with 2019.2.6

30. Pimpace

Pimpace

Same problem with 2019.2.6. I got update notification within the editor rather than the Hub. Seems it's a common problem back to more month before. Said: "we fixed this, new versions should be visible now"... no it's not.

31. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's there now; I don't know when it has been added to the Hub. I'm quite busy right now, I'm not checking things every day. :)

32. NightCabbage

NightCabbage

I'm even more confused... I just downloaded the Hub, installed it, and it forced me to download Unity 2018.4...

Now I'm uninstalling that and then going to install 2019.2.

But what the heck, hub? Are you on the drugs? :p

-EDIT-

Hmmm, maybe the hub wanted to give me that version because it's the last official full (LTS) release?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  33. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Did you download Unity for the first time on a computer? Perhaps you stumbled upon our "New user onboarding" flow which makes users download the LTS version first.