Search Unity

Utilities (3D , 2D , PRO) Radar Builder 2022

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Ruchmair, Dec 5, 2015.

1. MostHated

MostHated

Strange that you would remove it completely for that and not just update it? : /

2. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

the tutorial and character update wouldn't be ready soon enough and i dont want anyone to pay for anything that is going to be annoying because the tutorials need to be updated and a new character created animated and placed in each scene across all 6 radar builders.

i did send it back to unity two days ago and ive included the new character . the tutorials arent done yet. they will be quite lengthy.

I'll have to cover every function if the radar builders from start to finish. the full length of the tutorial will be well over an hour but will be broken into several parts.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  3. MostHated

MostHated

Ah nice, well that is great news though. : D

4. Ttravi

Ttravi

I don't have a clue on how to setup the minimap values so it matches the current player position. Also the player icon at it's center rotates more than the player actually rotates.

5. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

check out the tutorial on minimap setup.

As for center blip rotation , if you are using 2D Radar Builder set the value in the rotation target to "use Y"

if you are using a 3D Radar then just check over you rotation settings again.

A whole new set of tutorials and completely rebuild Radar Builder packages and A free target tacking extension for all radar builders in going to be released soon.

Ttravi likes this.
  6. Ttravi

Ttravi

I'll have to give up. Even following your video the map doesn't align correctly with player and blips position on scenario.

7. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

email me a screenshot of your settings

8. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Download the FREE UI Target Tracker extension for ALL radar builders

Also, as is mentioned in the aset description.

During import of the package. please ensure that you only import the package type that matches your Radar Builder version

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  9. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

So I'm getting to implement a simple 2d radar into my game. I get it to show the center blip for the player ship, and as you can see in the image, for some reason, when I try to add blip types, it never adds the options in the dialog for them. Any idea what could be going on to cause that?

RadarBuilderIssue.jpg

10. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

when you press "enter" it doesn't add them ? what unity version and what radar builder version are you using ?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  11. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Quick update. if you are using Radar Builders version 2018.4.2 or higher then please delete the DaiMangou core folder. Resource root and the core folder are now unnecessary . quite a few people have been wanting this. :)

Also, if you have updated to version 2018.4.2 then change your 2D Radar rotation target settings from inverse to proportional and proportional to inverse

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  12. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Figured it out..."enter" with the numpad enter is not the same as the "enter" above the right shift key. Using the correct key makes the settings appear. I guess that leads to a possible missing feature, make it work with both enter keys...especially since the text entry is a number, I bet I'm not the only one using the numpad to type the number in.

LOL...I feel like I'm being looked at here.....

13. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

:eek: the things i learn at this stage. i've never ever ever use the numpad or anything over there before. no spiderwebs on it but it sure is dusty hahaha.

i have another code that will automatically set the value once you click out of the area, so thats going to be a function in a future update.

14. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

That is the way I would have expected it honestly...I didn't think anything of being forced to press the enter key, much less, the exact one, not the one I was using. In any case I should be able to get things going now.

15. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Anyone remember this scene ? I'm giving t to you in the next update -_-
    for pro radar builder

yay

along with the update @kburkhart84 let me know is needed and also finally the update to get rid of the harmless but annoying error you may see when you create a new radar.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  16. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

HAPPY BUILDING!

radiantboy likes this.
  17. GamerRob

GamerRob

I am using 3d radar builder. I change the tag on an object that is being tracked by the radar to a tag that is not being tagged. The object does not disappear from radar.

18. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Go to optimization settings for yoyr blip and turn on "Remove Blip On Tag Change".

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  19. GamerRob

GamerRob

Thanks.... also found option that allows it to find newly spawned objects under optimization settings.

20. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

there is a dedicated Optimization modeule tutorial on my channel. if you search for "radar builder optimization" you will find it in the first youtube result

21. GamerRob

GamerRob

Thanks.... I have watched a number of tutorials on your radar but did not see that one

22. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

maybe i will put a link to it right in the in the optimization settings foldout.

Also, you can turn on "Show Help Messages" for tips in the editor

23. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

New 2019 release is now on the AssetStore.

24. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

New version to be released soon.

The EditorWindows will be renamed so the editor Radar Builder editor will close itself after import , just go back int the tool menu and open it again.

25. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

any new updates will be free extensions like the Ui target tracker.

26. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

As of today April 5th 2019. everyone gets to upgrade to Source Included Versions for free.

radiantboy likes this.
  27. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

All Radar Builders are being renamed to not have the words ”Source included ” in their names.

EVERYONE who has ever bought a radar builder gets the source included version update for FREE.

if you already had a source included version then nothing has changed for you it's all still there.

More updates to the assets are scheduled.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    rrahim likes this.
  28. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

The radars builders are to get a boost for rotation targeting for both the runtime code and ui.

the new setup will look similar to our Game Bridge condition system which you can find on our storyteller post.

There is actually still just one developer working on the assets , so a bit of time is needed

29. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Hi,

I am having a strange issue with the pro version of the radar builder.

I just recently tested the radar in my project, and I found that even though the radar "blips" show up, there are all stuck at the origin of the radar, and don't move when the object that they are tracking moves.

I tried loading an early backup of my project, in case I had broken something, and I tried reimporting, but that didn't work.

I also tried creating a new radar, and looking at the example scenes, and all of them are broken.

Finally, I tried updating to the current latest version of the radar, and reimporting, (to get this to work I had to comment out "3dradarbuildereditor") but the same issue existed in this.

I'm using unity 2019.1.

Something has obviously gone wrong in my project, but I don't know what. Have you seen this issue before? Is there anything obvious that I might have done to cause this issue?

30. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Scratch that, I fixed my issue, I had made some changes to the main radar file that had caused my problem.

Ruchmair likes this.
  31. radiantboy

radiantboy

anyone know how you specify blips to grow/shrink based on distance? it seems some of mine do that and others don't..

32. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Use the Scale By Distance setting for your blip type. from there you set the min and max blip size. if your min and max are the same you wont see the scaling.

radiantboy likes this.
  33. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

yeah, the source code is not something you want to break :) glad you got it fixed.

PhoenixAdvanced likes this.
  34. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

@PhoenixAdvanced can you say what kind of function you were trying to add ?

35. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Sure. I need complex radar objects with text displayed, like names and distances of objects, etc.
    I have made some extensive changes to the asset to accomplish this, but they are a little bit buggy, hence the issues.

This is an image of the type of thing I'm doing:

https://imgur.com/mj30005

I can modify the colour of all of the radar blips dynamically, and change the text dynamically too, as the object moves. I can add things like the name of object (if it's a ship) or the distance (if it's a missile) and coordinates, etc.

It's working, but there are some bugs I need to go back and fix.

36. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

I have already made a free extension asset that does that. it is on the Assetstore. UI Target Tracker

37. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Yes indeed, I just noticed that recently, I may go and integrate that asset into my project at some point, it seems to do what I need it to.

Ruchmair likes this.
  38. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

New Update for the UI target tracker is coming.

39. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Update

Radar Builder 2019.3 will be released with the following update

New controls for Rotation targets.

Te new controls allow you to re-position disable/ enable and delete any rotation target setting.
    This has been a function that has been needed for quite some time and I am glad that it is not included.

40. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

And this is apparently what using a 3D Radar as a 2D Radar is like :eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never actually thought of doing this before. 4 years , and this is the 1st time This setup is being done. and it looks awesome.

The display will change based on how you decide to set yours up.

41. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Oh yeah, there is a tutorial on setting up your 3D Radar in 1 minute.

42. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

New Major updates coming to all Radar Builders 2019.4

MostHated and rrahim like this.
  43. MostHated

MostHated

This is one of my favorite assets that I have not yet had a chance to actually use, lol. I bought it a year and a half ago but started work on another project that didn't have a need for it. Hopefully soon I will be able to work on something that can use it (as well as Storyteller!). Either way, keep up the great work.

Ruchmair likes this.
  44. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

awesome, All my paid and free assets are getting either major code updates and/or UI updates . There will even be a Free Evaluation/ test version of storyteller for person who want to try it before deciding to buy it.

MostHated likes this.
  45. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Just a bit of minor info. Empty asset Issue

Last update a few days ago it seems the wrong file was uploaded floe PRO Radar builder. not a problem. The full 20MB file has already been sent to replace the incorrect one

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  46. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

When importing UI Target tracker . Please do not import folders those names do not match your Radar Builder.

If you have PRO Radar Builder, do not Import folders named 2D and 3D

If you have 3D Radar Builder, do not import folders named PRO and 2D

If you have 2D radar builder , do not import folders named PRo or 3D

47. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

All 2019.4 Radar Builder Assets

-Threw in the new character design for example scenes.

-3D Radars Editor now have the "Track Y Position" toggle. This should only ever be used if you are using a 3D Radar as a 2D Radar for some reason. Just discovered that the 3D Radars can be used that way so, though it will not break anything use this new setting with a bit of caution.

- The moment you create a new 2D or 3D Radar system , default blips and materials will now be automatically setup.

- You can now remove blips from any point in your blips list

- you can now also re-position, turn off and delete rotation targets at any position.

48. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

For some reason none of the new radar builder assets have been reviewed yet and I have a new PRO Radar builder to sen to Unity immediately after the current one goes live on the store -_-.

I should think about selling on my own website , so I could also sell for up to 20% less

49. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

As it turns out , the reason for the empty package is the tool unity has us use to upload packages.fantastic

50. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Still waiting. it has been over half a month and we are still waiting for unity to put the update on the store.

Having to rely on unity for this is horrible.