Search Unity

Utilities (3D , 2D , PRO) Radar Builder 2022

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Ruchmair, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

It indeed has the new "Track Y position" button in the tab bar. Switch it on and you will start tracing x and Y. Switch it off and only x and Z will be tracked.

XYZ and be "tracked" inside the 2D Radar too if you use "scale by size" which if you have "Track Y Position" turned off will track position through x and z and scale the blip using the tracked objects Y position.

2. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Use the "Rotation Targets" system.

Tell the radar to use the rotation of something else to set the radars rotation :)

3. janiche

janiche

Before buy, I hace some questions.
    - it is compatible with Video game consoles (PS4, XOne, Switch)?
    - if it isn't compatible, will it be compatible in future updates?

4. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Hello,

Can anyone advise me on upgrade options from the 3D Radar to the 3D Radar with source?

It would be great if 3D radar owners could just pay the difference to upgrade to the source version, without having to buy the entire asset at full price.

Also, would there be code issues or conflicts when upgrading from 3D Radar to 3D radar pro?

5. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

we've not run in a console game but it should perform without issue, as the system doesn't contain any platform specific functions :)

6. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Just set it up. so now you can upgrade.

3D Radar Builder comes with a library which you will want to remove after importing the Source Included version (delete all dll and xml files in the LIB folder except for the RadarBuilder3DEditor.dll). then you will have to replace the codes on your radars . the radar settings should be retained so you will keep your data.

You will find all the source code for the editor window and the 3D Radars in the project :)

7. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

I mentioned a small issue with the screen space position of 3D Radars to the sides of the screen.

NEVER MIND. its fine. Its caused by the distortion we get when a 3D object is close to the sides of the screen.
    We will leave the Orthographic mode function on for snapping to screen corners. That the best that can be done.

Until this distortion is fixed in the engine it will always exist.

UI is currently being updated to make the tool even easier to use.

8. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Excellent, thank you for the upgrade option! Keep up the great work!

9. janiche

janiche

I tested it under Unity 2018.1 and few errors appeared, like a namespace was deleted, specially Sprite constructor

10. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

okay , got it .
    This is the source included version ?

11. janiche

janiche

Yes, it is

12. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Okay.
    could you copy and paste the error message here

13. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

New tutorial video for 2D, 3D & PRO Radar Builder 2018.1

Just some very simple UI updates and a explanation of the recent "Orthographic for side snaps" function.

we also explain the updating process from the standard radar builders to the source included version.

14. janiche

janiche

I receive a message saying Pro Radar Builder was deprecated, what's the reason?,
    I bought it recently the pack with both included and source code, is any solution? money refund, giving me access to independent version (3d Radar builder & 2D radar builder)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  15. MostHated

MostHated

Hey there, I second the question ^ I just bought it a week or so ago. I saw there was an update but went to check and it was gone?

16. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Unity has forcibly don this. Because all of a sudden the inclusion of the Ethan standard assets is a problem.
    So we are removing the Ethan standard assets and sending the radars back to unity.

No problem

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    rrahim likes this.
  17. MostHated

MostHated

What? That is just silly. Ethan is provided BY Unity. I thought the license in which Ethan was provided under included commercial purposes in which you can use him.

18. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Its not actually about the right to use it . They said they change there policies so we as publishers are not supposed to submit assets that contain Standard Assets.

I first renamed all the standard assets and even changed the scripts.but they didn't accept that.

So yesterday All packages were sent back to unity without the standard assets and with all scenes edited.
    So now there is no Ethan in the scenes :(

Personally i feel bad that people wont get to just open up an example scene with Ethan in it and test the First person radar setup or get a feel of what using the radar in a 3RD person game is like.

But all you have to do is just download the Ethan character and put him in the scene.

Some scenes have an empty "Replace With Ethan Character" gameobject in them. Just replace that with the Ethan Standard asset. You then have to check if any radar settings was referencing the "Replace With Ethan Character".

Its quite annoying. but at least we still have the tutorial videos and demos to show the 3RD person and 1st person setup.

19. HeavyProduction

HeavyProduction

Any idea on when this will go live?

20. rrahim

rrahim

It's more than just a licensing issue. If you've already added the asset in your project and you install another asset with the standard asset, it can sometimes cause major conflicts (usually if one is an older version). So unity is ensuring that users always install the latest version of standard or Unity assets and that asset creators are responsible for keeping their assets working with the latest versions of these standard assets (which don't change as often as editor versions).

So it basically makes importing assets easier in the long run (for me at least).

21. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

It should probably be sometime this week or early next week.

HeavyProduction likes this.
  22. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

I'm guessing the issues you describe with the Standard Assets, and not being able to update properly, are the reason the asset store shows these assets as "deprecated." You have been posting less than a month ago as I see so I doubt you are intentionally deprecating things. Any news on that side yet? I was actually starting a project and was planning on using it.

23. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

i've been waiting for unity yo review the package for 2 weeks now. the wait is frustrating but it will be on the store.

24. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

25. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

That's good news. I've actually owned this asset for a while now and haven't gotten the chance to put it to good use. Unity's asset store shows it as deprecated. I don't know what criteria they are using to determine that though. Hopefully they fix it soon. It doesn't stop me from using it(except that I want that shiny update) but it makes asset developers look bad, especially ones like you that are indeed updating the asset.

26. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

:( it does.

Unity says reviews usually take less than than 2 weeks but they are taking much longer now for some reason

27. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

All radar systems are now back on the store

28. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Confirmed!

29. janiche

janiche

Some time ago I commented an error that occurred when I import radar pro builder (w/source), saying: UnityEngine.Sprite has no constructor, I fixed it replacing new Sprite() with null, is possible fix this from asset avoiding replace constructor or is a unity bug?

Attached Files:

30. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Interesting, First time ever seeing this. What engine version are you using and is anyone else seeing this ?

Things for pointing this out. will look into it and made any updates in the asset.

31. janiche

janiche

Unity 2018.1.0f2

32. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

cool, its the engine. The asset is built inside Unity 2017X. changes must have been made to on the Unity side.

33. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

new update is now on the store

34. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

I made the following post back in November.
    I think you accidently skipped over it because you've answered other questions since.

35. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Hi sorry about that.
    It will only look for the Folder in the Assets Folder. "Assets/DaiMangou Core/ResourceRoot.asset"

I'm testing here , it doesnt create a new one which is correct but strange considering that it happens for you

You should go ahead and delete the newly created DaiMangou Core folder

36. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

It doesn't appear to be creating a new folder in the subfolder like it used too, but if I delete the one in the assets folder, it recreates it....

Is there nothing that can be done about it? Will it cause any problems since I have the DaiMangou folder inside a 3rdParty folder?

37. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

It shouldn't cause any problems at all. Once it exists in the Assets Folder it will just sit there. If its accidentally deleted you can just refresh the project and it will be recreated.

Also all the radar builders have been temporary removed for the store for internal review and scene updates along with new tutorial creation but what i can also do is make it so that the Radar builders no longer need the Resource Root before putting them back up on the store.

38. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

I'm one of the guys that doesn't like the 3rd Party assets in the root asset folder if possible. For now, I'll deal with the one...you may have the thing back up on the store without that issue by the time I even get to implementing it in this project, but if not, I'll just deal with it(it's only 1 folder after all) since you say it won't cause issues with the rest of it being in a subfolder.

Thanks for the help.

39. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Since unity requested that we stop using the Ethan characters in our. ive had have example scenes that no longer look like the ones in the tutorials or screenshots when there is no character to run around. This is a problem. So we have to create our own character. revamp the scenes . recreate the tutorials. remove old tutorials and now i'll remove the need for Resource Root.

I believe that it was not right to still sell while these issues were not addressed. As such Until the issues are addressed ( which will be withing 2 weeks) the asset will be off the store.

40. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Sweet...I may not even be at the point of implementing the radar into my game by then(there is plenty of other stuff to do that can be done first). I believe your 2 week turn around time....not sure if Unity will have the product back on the store updated with any certain ETA though, remembering how long it took this last time. I'm not sure if I'd say you shouldn't have to product for sale in the meantime though as long as it still works and the examples are good enough to show the way around(along with documentation). I understand the decision though.

Again, thanks for the responses.

Ruchmair likes this.
  41. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

quick update.
    While the root can be removed. this will cause more problems than it solves for all users as it then requires that the image resources stored in the root be placed in the a Resource folder. and its not possible to go without the image resources else there will be no example radar images when radars are created.
    I'll have to leave the Folder as it is the best method for storing this type of content.

42. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

So, that means that if the assets are moved to some other subfolder, then even with your root folder set up it won't be able to find those resources. So it looks like your assets can't be moved at all. Is there something I'm missing?

Could you not make it where we can somehow set the directory manually somewhere?

Can't prefabs keep their links to images and stuff even when things are moved around? Maybe I'm missing something. Other assets and systems are able to keep their examples working fine despite being moved around. What is it that your system is doing that it won't work that way?

43. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

you can move around the radar builder asset and DaiMangou folder itself.
    But the DaiMangou Core folder is place in the assets folder because it wouldn't need to be moved if its there. it just sits there forever and it wont break anything. You can move around everything else.

See, the reason why storing in the root asset is so convenient is that it allows for images stored in it that are not 100% necessary for users but may be used by users in an exported project and can be easily used in editor simultaneously without having to place those images inside the actual project itself or worry about users deleting the image resources and then trying to create a radar and not getting the temp image generated.

44. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

So if that file sits in a root folder in your "core" subfolder there...how does your system know where to look for the files if they aren't in the same place?

45. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

it just looks to see if the DaiMangou Core folder exists. if it exists then no problem. if it doesn't exist then it makes it.

46. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

So what is the purpose of the file if not to point to the location of your example radar images?

47. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

the images are in the resource root assset itself.

48. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Oh....now I get it. Makes much more sense knowing that. Deal then...I'm still not sure why you didn't just do it with prefabs that are ready to go but that's OK. I'll deal with that one file. Maybe in the future.

49. MostHated

MostHated

Why is this gone from the store again? : /

50. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

For maintenance. just to fix up example scenes and add our own character to those scenes and remake tutorials.