Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Feedback 2018 LTS if loading project = red code error, collab button doesn't show up

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by laurentlavigne, Apr 23, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

upload_2020-4-23_8-18-42.png
    where is my collab butten?!

it's on
    upload_2020-4-23_8-19-8.png
    click on open the collab toolbar = nada
    history = nada
    here are the errors
    upload_2020-4-23_8-20-27.png
    2018 project that i 2020-ed by mistake, trying to restore without downloading 2 gigowat of data

come on collab i know you can do it
    i deleted all packaged that 2020 turned into the future
    i deleted all scripts
    and here it is again, good boy

upload_2020-4-23_8-28-8.png

so collab is a third class citizen in the editor, like our code, now that makes me sad and wish it to be upgraded to bizness class

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @laurentlavigne, Collaborate moved to the Package Manager in 2018. This means that if there are errors with loading some packages then it can interfere with the loading of other packages, including Collaborate. Did you see any Collab-specific errors in the Console after you upgraded to 2020.1 from 2018.4?

3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

These are the only errors that showed up in the console.
    So only a package error can prevent another package from loading - no user space scripts?

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Correct, only package-based errors should prevent other packages from compiling, since their compilation is handled separately from user scripts.

5. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Ok then there is a problem. The project that happened in doesn't have Timeline which you see in the console as red. It had removed API calls in user code.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Exactly. If you update your Timeline package from the Package Manager to the latest version then it should resolve your errors. If you run into further issues with their package then you can find assistance in the Timeline forum.

7. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

I don't understand: there is NO timeline in this project, why would timeline cause problems?

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Because the Timeline package was installed by default. If your project isn't using it then you could remove it using the Package Manager. That should clear those errors from the Console and help Collab compile again.

9. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

gotcha, so the old package was still in the project

Ryan-Unity likes this.