Search Unity

2018.4.20f1 for Linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Charles_Ant, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Charles_Ant

Charles_Ant

Good day,

I am trying to find Unity Editor version 2018.4.20f1 for Linux (Debian) as this is the latest supported version for VRChat?
    I cannot locate a download for this particular version. Can anyone please help me out?

Cheers!

2. Deozaan

Deozaan

3. Corodius

Corodius

Just a note regarding this:
    2018 builds were still very much alpha/preview when it comes to Linux support, so will most certainly be unstable compared to newer versions.
    I know this is hard when a program requires a specific version, but honestly best bet would be to do the VR chat stuff, at least final integration, in Windows with that version. a VM would probably be sufficient (especially if using new VMWare and the virtualised OpenGL 4.1/DX11)

4. Charles_Ant

Charles_Ant

Thank you very much. Sadly, I have already exhausted this route. UnityHub in the appimage form works well but does not provide the desired version of Unity Editor.

Thanks much! I am very tempted to switch to Windows for this particular task but with all Linux things, I thought I'd check if there was a work around. Apparently not. I will have to figure out how to passthrough my GPU to the Windows VM.

5. Corodius

Corodius

While GPU Passthrough is definitely an option, can be a pain if you don't have the hardware requirements, and ofc impossible without a second GPU.

Before you dig in there, give VMWare 16 a go, specifically I use Workstation but player works fine and free for non-commercial use. This gives really decent 3d performance, at least enough for asset importing and whatnot, without a dedicated passthrough GPU.