Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2018.4.18f1 Build Freezes Before Splash Screen Dissapears, No Crash Log

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ghostaegis, Apr 8, 2020.

1. ghostaegis

ghostaegis

I have an issue where I can create a build (Windows IL2CPP, x64 target), but the build itself never leaves the splash screen.
    The splash screen animation plays, then the whole application freezes and fails to go any further. It doesn't appear to be due to the initial scene of the project, as that scene works fine in the editor (and it was building fine a few weeks ago during the last round of builds).

I'm struggling to figure out how to even progress on fixing this issue, because I'm not seeing ANYTHING to indicate why this is happening all of the sudden. The log doesn't help, building in development mode does nothing, and I'm completely at a loss.

How do I even go about tracing the source of the problem?

This is the entire content of the output_log file after this happens:

Initialize engine version: 2018.4.18f1 (61fce66342ad)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (ID=0x1b82)
    Vendor:
    VRAM: 8079 MB
    Driver: 26.21.14.4250
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/Uber' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/Uber' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/FinalPass' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/FinalPass' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    UnloadTime: 0.361000 ms