Search Unity

2018.3 won't save baked light map

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by VictorQianUnity, Dec 16, 2018.

1. VictorQianUnity

VictorQianUnity

AFAIK Unity will create a folder with the scene name next to the scene file, once baked Unity will put all the lightmap into that folder.

But when I use 2018.3, Lightmap will be baked and can be viewed in the lighting window, i can see all the map and UV, but there won't be a folder containing all the lightmap, if I restart the Engine, lightmap will be rebaked again.

My version control double confirmed this (in my case is Gitlab/Sourcetree) no new file were found, is it just me or Unity had changed how lightmap works in 2018.3?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Did you tick "Auto Generate"?

3. VictorQianUnity

VictorQianUnity

I tried to do it manually and it works now, i can see all the files now, thank you!
    But when did Unity changed that? i remember even when its auto, all the files should be there

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Honestly I don't know. I just noticed that you didn't have that folder with the data inside if you use "Auto Generate". Auto generate is good for simple projects that don't need to bake lights I think. :)

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Now that you have baked the light manually, save your project somewhere and tick "Auto Generate" again. Let Unity do its stuff and you'll notice that the folder will be empty when Unity has finished auto-generating the data.

As far as I remember, things have always worked like that. :)