Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

2018.3, 2019.1 and its rubbish gui changes....

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Player7, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Player7

Player7

For the project settings.. see this here post.. https://forum.unity.com/threads/new-settings-gui.557308/#post-3695815 is some screenshots showing how it used to work for me, and how it's now this rubbish oversized panel that one breaks how things used to work with old addons, would be great if the layout could be improved to instead show the sidepanel menu items as tabs if the window width is below a certain size, as this would work much better with having that settings panel within the same inspector sidepanel as opposed to floating around taking up screenspace when previously as shown in screenshots in worked better or atleast could.
    Unity_cEp4y0kStu.jpg
    And then this other issue with the number of text button items now piling up on the console tab... I now find myself constantly having to resize the damn console tab window just to see the most important icon buttons for filtering errors/info/warnings, because this stuff is now pushed even more to the right side going out of visibility for my layout!... and unlike any sensible gui design where tab options might show in a dropdown menu that shows the items that are no longer visible on the screen I have to constantly resize the console tab to see those buttons, while all the useless buttons I rarely ever use are visible at all times in text (because making icons must be really hard for something like clear log etc)

seriously it's these minor annoyances with the gui of Unity that are adding up and nothing is really improving in the way gui/ux for me.. even prefabs workflow didn't really improve, really need some better UX already! And stop assuming everyone wants to work with Unity at some 4k resolution maximized looking at awful flat color gui's.

Ericsheng likes this.