Search Unity

2018.3.0f2 , DataPrivacy issue with package installation

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Dragonic8926, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Dragonic8926

Dragonic8926

Hello,

We have some difficulties integrating the Analytics package inside our project !
    At the beginning of the project the package was deleted and now, after many months, we want to use Unity Analytics. But after the install from the Package Manager, we have 3 errors :

Unity 2018.3.0f2 with only standalone module
    Package Manager UI 2.0.7
    Analytics Library 3.2.2

Already tried : delete/reinstall the package, close/reopen Unity, disable/enable Analytics service, delete Library

Seems linked to https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...errors-when-disabling-unity-analytics-package

But I tried with a blank new 2018.3.0f2 project, and couldn't reproduce the errors. This only happen for now on my first complete project which has many content.

I will need some help about this issue ! Thank you !

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You need to ensure that Analytics is enabled for your project. Unity Analytics has to be turned off using the Services window, it should not be disabled through the Package Manager. A Google search for the error brings up the information.

3. Dragonic8926

Dragonic8926

That was already the case in one of my tests.
    Here are some screenshots :

No service at all, no analytics package => no error :

No service at all, analytics package installed => error :

Service linked to our dashboard, Analytics OFF, no analytics package => no error :

Service linked to our dashboard, Analytics OFF, analytics package installed => error :

Service linked to our dashboard, Analytics ON, no analytics package => no error :

Service linked to our dashboard, Analytics ON, analytics package installed => error :

Each test tried to close/reopen Unity, no success !

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Deleting files may have got you into a bad place, and looks to be unique to this project. If you can provide exact steps to reproduce with a new project, we might be able to figure it out. But it sounds like it might be working for you, please confirm. "Service linked to our dashboard, Analytics ON, no analytics package => no error"

5. Dragonic8926

Dragonic8926

Can confirm "Service linked to our dashboard, Analytics ON, no analytics package => no error" after a new test !
    And unfortunately, I tried some combinations with a new project, and for now no error !
    So yes, seems unique to this project. I will try some Unity version upgrades, I have no other idea for now !