Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Web' started by Marco-Trivellato, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

Just want to give you a quick heads up about a few changes coming in 2018.2, currently in Beta.
    • New projects will have WebAssembly enabled by default since it's been available for a while and it's now supported by all modern desktop browsers. Bear in mind that asm.js fallback will not be generated unless you change LinkerTarget setting via API or in the editor Player Settings. Also note that if you generate both, it will take longer to build. (As of Beta 7)
    • New projects will cache build files (into IndexedDB) by default. Again, this is something you can change via API or editor UI.
    • A more interesting feature is that WebAssembly build will now be able to grow the heap as needed. So, in theory you could generate your project with a small heap which then grows if the Unity runtime runs out of memory. Just keep in mind the browser might still run out of memory of you allocate too much.

kognito1 and game_apps like this.
  2. kognito1

kognito1

I'd also like to point out that the click to play audio workaround for chrome is included by default in 2018.2! :D

Not exactly 2018.2 related, but since the new method of caching is very similar to the CachedHTTPRequest plug-in you gave us for asset bundles, can that be included/integrated in Unity? I guess in general I don't mind using it as a plug-in, but I'm a little concerned one day it will (accidentally) stop working. I kind of consider it a must have feature for anyone doing Unity webgl...

3. grobonom

grobonom

Hey Marco !
    Pleaaaase could you PM me ?
    i have tons of things to ask/tell you
    as a neighbour: am french ;)
    wanna talk with you if you got some few time, about webGL

best regards :)

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

No, please ask your questions on the forum as more people will benefit, thanks.

5. grobonom

grobonom

okay....

why is webGL this slow and function-disabled, compared to a standalone win .exe ?
    sorry hippo IMHO it's not the place to ask about this but....
    confess you forced me :p

hippocoder likes this.
  6. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

I should also mention that in 2018.2 you can manage packages in your project via Package Manager (Window => Package Manager). Without going too much into details, you should know that you can remove Packages as well as disable Built-In Packages.

This is particularly relevant to WebGL because build size is very important and you don't want to include unnecessary/unwanted code in your build. Unity will strip unused code but now you can explicitly control whether your project must not depend on a specific package or not use a specific feature of the engine.

For more information on the package manager see the documentation here.

There is also a Package Manager presentation from Unite Berlin 2018 here.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    grobonom likes this.
  7. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

One thing about the package manager, if you update or install a package, the ui of the package manager always defaults back to the first menu ( installed packages ) it would be nice if it stayed where it is currently, so I can easily update more packages, and not have to go back all the time where I left off.

8. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

It would be great if you could post your feedback here.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  9. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

sure thing, I will make a new post there.

10. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

JamesArndt likes this.
  11. grobonom

grobonom

Sounds like an excellent enhancement Marco !

hippocoder likes this.
  12. DevIsDave

DevIsDave

Is this just a built-in version of the old build report system, or does it give more information?

13. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

I'll let jonas elaborate and show it to you here :)

DevIsDave likes this.
  14. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

A "Packages" item has been added to the projects when i upgraded to 2018.2 from 2018.1, it included Text Mesh Pro as a package but i already had it as an asset in my Assets folder. Then it complained that now there are TWO of them, when I deleted my asset version,every reference to any Text Mesh object in my whole project was disconnected and replaced with missing scripts.

Its quite unreasonable to require me to go and fix all of that and rewire up every instance and recreate all the settings for each it took me literally 2 weeks to do it in the first place.

What was the reason to add the "Packages" thing to the project again? Can I just delete the TextMeshPro from the "Packages" listing and go back to using my asset version of it and having my project back the way it was without wasting a week to re-wire everything back up to restore it to what is was before?

15. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

I can't answer that question since I don't work on the Package Manager, however, to get your project to work I believe you could have simply disabled the TextMeshPro that is included via package manager so you could still use the one you added.

16. kognito1

kognito1

We had a similar issue at first, but it was minor. The issue is the packages UI window won't render if there are compile errors (which you of course will have since there are two textmeshrpros). So you have to edit the manifest.json file manually (outside of Unity) if you want to *correctly* remove the textmeshpro package. It was a little silly but not a deal breaker.

17. kognito1

kognito1

How can we override the StreamingAssets folder? From the release notes this seems possible: "WebGL: Make StreamingAssets path configurable via UnityLoader.instantiate() parameters." I'll look at the js and try to figure it out but wanted to make sure I was doing it right anyways.

Our problem is this change "WebGL: Make StreamingAssets path relative to the generated json (951333)" kind of screwed us a little (our StreamingAssets paths are not relative to the json, but rather the index.html). So I guess we need to override.

18. kognito1

kognito1

We got it to work: the parameter to override StreamingAssets location for UnityLoader.instantiate() is "streamingAssetsUrl" and it takes a function that returns a string (not just a string).

19. rankornfeld

rankornfeld

Is Unity 2018.2 has a fix for the WebAssembly compilation time?

On our game we have a problem that if the game is cached in the browser, we still get very long compilation time that happens every time (15-20 seconds!).

I know there is a chrome flag for caching the compiled web assemblies, but that it is off by default for some reason.

Any ideas how to by pass this problem?

20. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

Is it just Chrome that takes long to load? is this on Windows or Mac or both ?

21. rankornfeld

rankornfeld

Both windows and mac.

Here are some measurements from right now, on my Mac Book Pro (mid 2015):
    Chrome version 67.0.3396.99: 14 sec
    Firefox version 61.0.1: 3 sec
    Safari Version 11.1.1: 8 sec

So it seems to be a more chrome related thing.

22. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

It might be a good idea to try Chrome Canary. To see if it's going to improve in the near future.

23. rankornfeld

rankornfeld

What about new features I read about here that are going to be in 2018.2? Anything there that might help?

24. roka

roka

I have tried it and it load fast like firefox, so we should see a faster loading in the normal version of chrome soon.

25. pitibonom

pitibonom

Are there any planned performance improvement for webGL platform in future unity versions ?
    The textured spinning cube is nice but.... somewhat boring when ppl expect more complex environment with reasonable frame per second :p
    where webplayer ran at 100fps, webGL is only 10-15....

programming team issues ? ;)

where WebGL is the only and best web platform.... errrr how to say..... it's just a no-go !
    so... improvements ? :)

26. Jinxology

Jinxology

@Marco-Trivellato Is this automatic feature of using WebAssembly? Or, do we need to explicitly check a checkbox, or a setting, to have the heap automatically grow when using WebAssembly?

27. JJJohan

JJJohan

It's a flag that's automatically added during compile. You can manually add it to versions prior to 2018.2 by modifying the EmscriptenArgs line the ProjectSettings/PlayerSettings.asset:

webGLEmscriptenArgs: -s ALLOW_MEMORY_GROWTH=1

28. Jinxology

Jinxology

29. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

The plan is to make it built-in for 2019.1. Sorry for not getting it into 2018.x

sirrus and kognito1 like this.
  30. kognito1

kognito1

No apologies needed at all. It's a really great feature! I just didn't want it to go away (even temporary)! :D As noted above, I consider utilizing asset bundles as a must with webgl. And I consider this plugin a must when using asset bundles on the web. :p Thanks for "promoting" it to a built-in feature!

31. kognito1

kognito1

So taking a look at the 2018.3 beta change log (https://unity3d.com/unity/beta-download#release-notes) and I noticed an interesting change:

Well that certainly didn't last long! What happened? Was a nice future for Edge/Firefox (and Chrome when enabled with a flag).

32. JJJohan

JJJohan

Also spotted an intriguing property in the PlayerSettings.asset file -
    webGLThreadsSupport: 0
    and a modules_development_mt folder. Sadly (although predictably) the compiled build with this flag enabled doesn't actually work, although understandably since the multi-threading support was moved to 2019.1 on the roadmap. Still, it was a fun little experiment to see what would happen :).

33. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

Someone actually reads release notes! ;)

Caching the compiled wasm into IndexedDB was a nice feature but AFAIK only Firefox supported it and anyway it's been removed from the WebAssembly specs. It's not the end of the world though now that browsers implement a (fast) baseline compilation pass to speed up start-up.

34. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

Yeah...The build-system part of multi-threading support made it to 2018.3 but not the runtime.

35. kognito1

kognito1

Ah shame it was removed, what was their reason?

And for the record, it did work on Edge (also another good example of dpi scaling in webgl, check out those circles :()! :D

wasmCachingEdge.png

36. bdovaz

bdovaz

Are we speaking of C# "Thread" class also? In 2019.1 I mean.

37. sacb0y

sacb0y

Is it possible to split the builds main file into multiple smaller files? Websites like itch.io have a 1gb upload limit, but also has other limits like a 100mb per file limit.

Thats a huge problem for unity builds where the majority of the data is in one file.

There's also an issue with newgrounds onsite compression causing unity files to be corrupted

38. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Asset bundles + crunch compression.

39. sacb0y

sacb0y

oh? so asset bundles will result in multiple files :O

I'll try that then.

What do you know about the corruption issues on newgrounds? I've been dealing with the problem for weeks, the webgl build works on every site but newgrounds and all i know is they uncompress the game then recompress in their own format. But sending an uncompressed game has the same issue.

It seems to crash upon loading the main game scene, it loads the initialization scene (doubles as a splash screen) fine.

I guess if i break up the files using ther asset bundle thing that might fix it...

40. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You could just optimise your build so none of it is necessary. Sounds like you know next to nothing about doing that, and could probably just make your application quarter the size if you chose to. Time to hit manual / google :)

41. sacb0y

sacb0y

Well i've reduced the games size 100mb so far, i just didn't know about asset bundles XD

I also didn't know about crunch.

But i think newgrounds does the compression regardless, but still we'll see...

42. sacb0y

sacb0y

Seriously, builds on newgrounds won't run at all :(

And they can't seem to figure out the problem.

I'm not utilizing asset bundles in this build yet though, i need to get my programmer for that i think XD

But i get a completely different and larger error on firefox (former is on chrome)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Successfully compiled asm.js code (total compilation time 0ms; not stored in cache (too small to benefit)) UnityLoader.js
    2. You can reduce your startup time if you configure your web server to host .unityweb files using gzip compression. UnityLoader.js:3:8480
    3. [UnityCache] 'https://uploads.ungrounded.net/tmp/1272000/1272679/file/alternate/alternate_2_r39.zip/Build/Naomi3DSampleFinal.wasm.framework.unityweb' successfully downloaded and stored in the indexedDB cache UnityLoader.js:4:12681
    4. [UnityCache] 'https://uploads.ungrounded.net/tmp/1272000/1272679/file/alternate/alternate_2_r39.zip/Build/Naomi3DSampleFinal.data.unityweb' successfully downloaded and stored in the indexedDB cache UnityLoader.js:4:12681
    5. [UnityCache] 'https://uploads.ungrounded.net/tmp/1272000/1272679/file/alternate/alternate_2_r39.zip/Build/Naomi3DSampleFinal.wasm.code.unityweb' successfully downloaded and stored in the indexedDB cache UnityLoader.js:4:12681
    6. unreachable code after return statement[Learn More] 9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:4269
    7. trying binaryen method: native-wasm UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    8. asynchronously preparing wasm UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    9. binaryen method succeeded. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    10. [Unity Cache] WebAssembly module 'https://uploads.ungrounded.net/tmp/1272000/1272679/file/alternate/alternate_2_r39.zip/Build/Naomi3DSampleFinal.wasm.code.unityweb' not stored in the indexedDB cache due to the error: DataCloneError: The object could not be cloned. UnityLoader.js:4:3821
    11. Use of the motion sensor is deprecated. 9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:221924
    12. Use of the orientation sensor is deprecated. 9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:221924
    13. Loading player data from data.unity3d UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    14. Initialize engine version: 2018.2.18f1 (4550892b6062) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    15. Creating WebGL 2.0 context. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    16. Renderer: Mozilla UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    17. Vendor:   Mozilla UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    18. Version:  OpenGL ES 3.0 (WebGL 2.0) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    19. GLES:     3 UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    20. EXT_color_buffer_float GL_EXT_color_buffer_float EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic OES_texture_float_linear GL_OES_texture_float_linear WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc GL_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb GL_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info GL_WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders GL_WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_lose_context GL_WEBGL_lose_context UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    21. OPENGL LOG: Creating OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics device ; Context level  <OpenGL ES 3.0> ; Context handle 1 UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    22. Error: WebGL warning: linkProgram: Failed to link, leaving the following log:
    23. C:\fakepath(89,12-121): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop
    24. C:\fakepath(213,3-122): error X3511: unable to unroll loop, loop does not appear to terminate in a timely manner (1024 iterations)
    26. Warning: D3D shader compilation failed with default flags. (ps_5_0)
    27. Retrying with skip validation
    28. C:\fakepath(89,12-121): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop
    29. C:\fakepath(213,3-122): error X3511: unable to unroll loop, loop does not appear to terminate in a timely manner (1024 iterations)
    31. Warning: D3D shader compilation failed with skip validation flags. (ps_5_0)
    32. Retrying with skip optimization
    33. C:\fakepath(89,12-121): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop
    34. C:\fakepath(213,3-122): error X3511: unable to unroll loop, loop does not appear to terminate in a timely manner (1024 it 9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:325604
    35. -------- GLSL link error: C:\fakepath(89,12-121): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    36. C:\fakepath(213,3-122): error X3511: unable to unroll loop, loop does not appear to terminate in a timely manner (1024 iterations) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    37. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    38. Warning: D3D shader compilation failed with default flags. (ps_5_0) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    39. Retrying with skip validation UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    40. C:\fakepath(89,12-121): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    41. C:\fakepath(213,3-122): error X3511: unable to unroll loop, loop does not appear to terminate in a timely manner (1024 iterations) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    42. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    43. Warning: D3D shader compilation failed with skip validation flags. (ps_5_0) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    44. Retrying with skip optimization UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    45. C:\fakepath(89,12-121): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    46. C:\fakepath(213,3-122): error X3511: unable to unroll loop, loop does not appear to terminate in a timely manner (1024 iterations) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    47. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    48. Warning: D3D shader compilation failed with skip optimization flags. (ps_5_0) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    49. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    50. Failed to create D3D shaders. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    51. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    52. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    53. (Filename:  Line: 666) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    54. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    55. Note: Creation of internal variant of shader 'Hidden/NGSS_Directional' failed. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    56. Error: WebGL warning: linkProgram: Failed to link, leaving the following log:
    57. C:\fakepath(81,12-121): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop
    58. C:\fakepath(201,3-122): error X3511: unable to unroll loop, loop does not appear to terminate in a timely manner (1024 iterations)
    60. Warning: D3D shader compilation failed with default flags. (ps_5_0)
    61. Retrying with skip validation
    62. C:\fakepath(81,12-121): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop
    63. C:\fakepath(201,3-122): error X3511: unable to unroll loop, loop does not appear to terminate in a timely manner (1024 iterations)
    65. Warning: D3D shader compilation failed with skip validation flags. (ps_5_0)
    66. Retrying with skip optimization
    67. C:\fakepath(81,12-121): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop
    68. C:\fakepath(201,3-122): error X3511: unable to unroll loop, loop does not appear to terminate in a timely manner (1024 it 9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:325604
    69. -------- GLSL link error: C:\fakepath(81,12-121): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    70. C:\fakepath(201,3-122): error X3511: unable to unroll loop, loop does not appear to terminate in a timely manner (1024 iterations) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    71. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    72. Warning: D3D shader compilation failed with default flags. (ps_5_0) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    73. Retrying with skip validation UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    74. C:\fakepath(81,12-121): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    75. C:\fakepath(201,3-122): error X3511: unable to unroll loop, loop does not appear to terminate in a timely manner (1024 iterations) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    76. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    77. Warning: D3D shader compilation failed with skip validation flags. (ps_5_0) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    78. Retrying with skip optimization UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    79. C:\fakepath(81,12-121): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    80. C:\fakepath(201,3-122): error X3511: unable to unroll loop, loop does not appear to terminate in a timely manner (1024 iterations) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    81. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    82. Warning: D3D shader compilation failed with skip optimization flags. (ps_5_0) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    83. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    84. Failed to create D3D shaders. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    85. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    86. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    87. (Filename:  Line: 666) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    88. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    89. Note: Creation of internal variant of shader 'Hidden/NGSS_Directional' failed. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    90. FMOD returns error code 19 (res) executing createSound UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    91. FMOD returns error code 19 (r) executing createSound UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    92. Error: Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for resource sharedassets0.resource, (Error loading file. ) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    93. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    94. (Filename:  Line: 877) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    95. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    96. UnloadTime: 0.000000 ms UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    97. Only custom filters can be played. Please add a custom filter or an audioclip to the audiosource (SFX1). UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    98. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    99. (Filename:  Line: 500) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    100. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    101. UnloadTime: 0.000000 ms UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    102. Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    103. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    104. Unloading 7 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 2676. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    105. Total: 4.000000 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.000000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.000000 ms MarkObjects: 1.000000 ms  DeleteObjects: 1.000000 ms) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    106. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    107. Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    108. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    109. (Filename:  Line: 372) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    110. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    111. To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    112. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    113. (Filename:  Line: 374) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    114. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    115. Failed to load 'level2' because its serialized file version is higher than what this version of Unity supports. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    116. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    117. (Filename:  Line: 120) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    118. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    119. The file 'sharedassets2.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again! UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    120. [Position out of bounds!] UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    121. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    122. (Filename:  Line: 215) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    123. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    124. The file 'sharedassets2.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again! UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    125. [Position out of bounds!] UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    126. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    127. (Filename:  Line: 221) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    128. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    129. The file 'sharedassets2.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again! UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    130. [Position out of bounds!] UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    131. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    132. (Filename:  Line: 215) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    133. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    134. The file 'sharedassets2.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again! UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    135. [Position out of bounds!] UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    136. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    137. (Filename:  Line: 221) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    138. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    139. Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'Texture2D'. (Read 96 bytes but expected 4204 bytes) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    140. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    141. (Filename:  Line: 1973) UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    142. UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    143. Cannot enlarge memory arrays. Either (1) compile with  -s TOTAL_MEMORY=X  with X higher than the current value 2040004608, (2) compile with  -s ALLOW_MEMORY_GROWTH=1  which allows increasing the size at runtime, or (3) if you want malloc to return NULL (0) instead of this abort, compile with  -s ABORTING_MALLOC=0 UnityLoader.js:4:10703
    144. Cannot enlarge memory arrays. Either (1) compile with  -s TOTAL_MEMORY=X  with X higher than the current value 2040004608, (2) compile with  -s ALLOW_MEMORY_GROWTH=1  which allows increasing the size at runtime, or (3) if you want malloc to return NULL (0) instead of this abort, compile with  -s ABORTING_MALLOC=0 UnityLoader.js:4:10740
    145. Invoking error handler due to
    146. uncaught exception: abort("Cannot enlarge memory arrays. Either (1) compile with  -s TOTAL_MEMORY=X  with X higher than the current value 2040004608, (2) compile with  -s ALLOW_MEMORY_GROWTH=1  which allows increasing the size at runtime, or (3) if you want malloc to return NULL (0) instead of this abort, compile with  -s ABORTING_MALLOC=0 ") at jsStackTrace (Naomi3DSampleFinal.wasm.framework.unityweb:2:22361)
    147. stackTrace (Naomi3DSampleFinal.wasm.framework.unityweb:2:22532)
    148. onAbort@https://uploads.ungrounded.net/tmp/1272000/1272679/file/alternate/alternate_2_r39.zip/Build/UnityLoader.js:4:10645
    149. abort (Naomi3DSampleFinal.wasm.framework.unityweb:2:571253)
    150. abortOnCannotGrowMemory (Naomi3DSampleFinal.wasm.framework.unityweb:2:23612)
    151. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[85781]:0x1a25ccb (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[85484]:0x1a13851)
    152. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[4215]:0x24232f (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[4211]:0x241f52)
    153. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[10866]:0x530c32 (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[4226]:0x243179)
    154. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[4225]:0x242dd0 (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[890]:0xb18d9)
    155. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[906]:0xb48d4 (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[5711]:0x2a6b03)
    156. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[6517]:0x3144bf (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[7036]:0x35d13c)
    157. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[7046]:0x35e01d (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[4487]:0x25aff7)
    158. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[4484]:0x25a70b (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[7929]:0x3d1878)
    159. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[7860]:0x3c7f0a (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9356]:0x45616f)
    160. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9355]:0x455c2d (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[10727]:0x520c45)
    161. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9924]:0x497dde (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9303]:0x44f5d8)
    162. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9303]:0x44f5ef (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9298]:0x44e804)
    163. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9291]:0x44ce40 (blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[72519]:0x18bf90b)
    164. UnityLoader["9a9d11e27626f8b1a4bda02ced9f58fc"]/dynCall_v [Module.dynCall_v] (Naomi3DSampleFinal.wasm.framework.unityweb:2:545622)
    165. browserIterationFunc (Naomi3DSampleFinal.wasm.framework.unityweb:2:140580)
    166. runIter (Naomi3DSampleFinal.wasm.framework.unityweb:2:143672)
    167. Browser_mainLoop_runner (Naomi3DSampleFinal.wasm.framework.unityweb:2:142117)
    168. UnityLoader.js:3:16879
    169. uncaught exception: abort("Cannot enlarge memory arrays. Either (1) compile with  -s TOTAL_MEMORY=X  with X higher than the current value 2040004608, (2) compile with  -s ALLOW_MEMORY_GROWTH=1  which allows increasing the size at runtime, or (3) if you want malloc to return NULL (0) instead of this abort, compile with  -s ABORTING_MALLOC=0 ") at jsStackTrace@blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:22361
    170. stackTrace@blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:22532
    171. onAbort@https://uploads.ungrounded.net/tmp/1272000/1272679/file/alternate/alternate_2_r39.zip/Build/UnityLoader.js:4:10645
    172. abort@blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:571253
    173. abortOnCannotGrowMemory@blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:23612
    174. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[85781]:0x1a25ccb
    175. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[85484]:0x1a13851
    176. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[4215]:0x24232f
    177. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[4211]:0x241f52
    178. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[10866]:0x530c32
    179. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[4226]:0x243179
    180. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[4225]:0x242dd0
    181. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[890]:0xb18d9
    182. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[906]:0xb48d4
    183. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[5711]:0x2a6b03
    184. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[6517]:0x3144bf
    185. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[7036]:0x35d13c
    186. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[7046]:0x35e01d
    187. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[4487]:0x25aff7
    188. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[4484]:0x25a70b
    189. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[7929]:0x3d1878
    190. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[7860]:0x3c7f0a
    191. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9356]:0x45616f
    192. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9355]:0x455c2d
    193. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[10727]:0x520c45
    194. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9924]:0x497dde
    195. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9303]:0x44f5d8
    196. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9303]:0x44f5ef
    197. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9298]:0x44e804
    198. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[9291]:0x44ce40
    199. @blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e line 2 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[72519]:0x18bf90b
    200. UnityLoader["9a9d11e27626f8b1a4bda02ced9f58fc"]/Module.dynCall_v@blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:545622
    201. browserIterationFunc@blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:140580
    202. runIter@blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:143672
    203. Browser_mainLoop_runner@blob:https://uploads.ungrounded.net/9f19fa1a-47e8-40b7-bd6b-d7eb79f48b5e:2:142117

43. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

Firefox seems to run out of memory. What's the current memorySize?

44. sacb0y

sacb0y

it's set to 512mb (it's a 3D game), and probably doesn't even need that much honestly as my tests never showed the ram usage scaling.

But the errors are showing like 2gb or some other random number for some reason. Which i assume to be the file being corrupted and then reading it wrong.

Also FYI on firefox it actually gets to the initialization splash screen then crashes once the actual game loads.

But once again this problem ONLY occurs on newgrounds, it runs on itch.io just fine. On newgrounds the errors i get seem to be completely random.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018