Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[2018.2] Strange behaviour Cinemachine Collider + Free Look

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Mars91, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Mars91

Mars91

Hi,
    I'm using Cinemachine to follow the player and I'm experiencing some strange behaviour on camera collision.
    Here's a video.

Here's a pic of my FreeLook/Collider configuration

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

What's happening is that the camera, which is a big ball of radius 0.3, is colliding with the corners of your columns. There are a few things you can do to mitigate this in the Collider settings:
    • Reduce the camera radius to be as small as you can get away with
    • Put in a little smoothing time, some fraction of a second. That stops the camera from popping around so much
    • Add some Damping and Damping When Occluded (the first should be set a little smaller than the second)
    If that fails to give you what you want, then you can add some invisible cylindrical colliders (on a layer that only the vcam can collide with) around your columns, to smooth out your environment.

3. Mars91

Mars91

Looks like I made it here's my settings

Camera Radius: 0.05
    Smoothing Time: 0.1
    Damping: 0.25
    Damping When Occluded: 0.35

Gregoryl likes this.