Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2018.2.1 Player is strange

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AndersMalmgren, Jul 26, 2018.

1. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

I noticed something strange with 2018.2.1 The game starts the window is white (Windows build). The window then closes and a new window opens the game starts in this window.

Profiling does not work, I can see the game autoconnect to the profiler for the first window but not the next that will display the actual game.

Anyone else with same problem?

2. QFSW

QFSW

Nope, doesn't happen to me. Tried with a blank project or just your main game?

3. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

My main game, it might be Steamworks that does not like someting in 2018.2.1. Steamworks has a lot of quirks and injections going on. Will investigate more. One technical debt I have is its not possible to disable Steamworks integration for testing purpose. Maybe its time to fix that

4. QFSW

QFSW

I'm using steamworks and it works fine. I'd try to repro it in a copy or a different project

5. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Think I have found the problem, it was related to the new conventions for filenames in 2018.2. Fixed the bug in our dev branch, need to merge it into our 2018 branch, will take me a few minutes before I can verify

6. QFSW

QFSW

New conventions?

7. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

The filename convention, it was a bug I introduced with a recent update that did not show with the old convention so it has nothing todo with 2018.2 or Steamworks :)

8. QFSW

QFSW

Ah I see, thanks

9. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

It's 35 degrees Celsius here,my brain is overheating so alot of human error :)