Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2018.2.0f1 - Android IL2CPP RELEASE builds broken

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by hungrybelome, Jul 9, 2018.

1. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

*EDIT*
    It seems that only Android IL2CPP builds with `C++ Compiler Configuration: Release` break, while IL2CPP debug builds work fine.

For my game, 20182.0f1 Android mono builds work fine, but IL2CPP builds result in a frozen screen with the follow logcat:

Code (CSharp):
    1. "uptime" dev="proc" ino=4026532358 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app_25:s0:c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:proc:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
    2. 07-09 14:18:21.800   899   964 I zygote64: Explicit concurrent copying GC freed 11039(707KB) AllocSpace objects, 2(104KB) LOS objects, 42% free, 31MB/55MB, paused 588us total 536.530ms
    iOS IL2CPP builds work fine.

This seems to only happens when a scene or unity asset is reserialized in 2018.2.0f1, resulting in

Code (CSharp):
    1. serializedVersion: 6
    Also, I am using Odin Inspector, so maybe that may be causing issues.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I don't see anything in this logtcat that jumps out at me. Does the problem happen with IL2CPP and a debug build?

EDIT: I see that you already mentioned the debug build works correctly, sorry about that.

This looks like it might be an error in the Android C++ compiler then. Is there anything else in the log that might indicate where the problem happens? Is there a stack trace for a crash?

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Please submit a bug report for this issue and reply in here with the Issue ID. It would also be helpful if we could get access to your project.

4. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

I don't get a helpful stack trace, just what is shown above.

Also, I found out that only .NET Standard 2.0 builds have this issue with release, but the .NET Stndard 2.0 debug builds work ok.

But targeting .NET 4.x works fine with both debug and release. I'm just going to use .NET 4.x for now so that I can continue with 2018.2.0f1 (need the particle system linear color adjustment), but it does add ~30mb to my build size.

5. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

To be clear, do you mean the .NET Standard 2.0 Api Compatibility Level? Unity doesn't support .NET Core at all, but the terminology here can be confusing.

We'd love to take a look at your project via a bug report if at all possible. Then we can determine why this does not work.

6. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Oops, you're right—I meant .NET Standard 2.0 (edited my post now). I'm so used to saying .NET Core 2.0 in other contexts.

Sorry, I don't have the time right now to create a bug report with a properly isolated project, so I mainly posted here to see if anyone else is encountering this issue with 2018.2.0f1.

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

You can just create a report from within the editor with the project opened and add the information you posted here. Your logs and the project file will automatically be attached that way. If you don't want to upload your project you could give us access to your repository instead as well (if there is one), or just skip that part. A report with just the logs is still better than no report at all.

8. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This looks like a bit different issue from the original one reported in this thread. However, we'll be happy to look at a bug report.

9. summerian

summerian

H
    I deleted the post since it was my mistake. Sorry about that!