Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2018.2.0b5 and 6 keep telling me my project was open with 2018.2.0b4

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by georgeq, May 31, 2018.

1. georgeq

georgeq

I have opened this project several times with either 2018.2.05b and 2018.2.06b but in the hub, the reported version is 2018.2.04b no matter what.

2. elbows

elbows

I've not tried with latest versions but when this has happened to me in the past, I've got rid of it by changing any project setting and then saving the project.

3. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hi, did you save the project?
    Unfortunately, some Unity versions change the version associated upon saving only while others will change it upon opening it.

4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

have you explicitly pressed "save project", not "save scene"?

if so, make sure you delete your projectsettings file and then try to save and close + open again :)

5. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Hi all, @georgeq,

On top of what Cassandra has asked, I would wonder if you would mind doing a simple test, which implies opening "Project Settings -> Project Version and changing the version manually (with Unity not started) to a previous kernel version?

Save the file, boot up Unity, load the project with a target version b5 or b6 and see if there is a dialog that appears like the one attached:

Let me know, thanks!
    P

Attached Files:

6. georgeq

georgeq

I had an issue that forced me to delete the Library folder, after that the problem went away.

I edited the ProjectVesion file and changed the version number back to 2018.2.0b4 then I opened it with b6 and I got the "No matching version" dialog box as expected. When the project finally opened I select "Save Project" under the "File" menu and closed Unity, but the hub still reports b4 instead of b6.

7. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Thanks for trying @georgeq ,

We have identified the issue and we're following it closely to make sure it gets resolved as quickly as possible.

Cheers,
    P

8. georgeq

georgeq

Thank you Pedro.

LeonhardP and pedro_unity like this.
  9. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

LeonhardP, georgeq and elbows like this.
  10. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Of course! My pleasure, always!

LeonhardP and georgeq like this.