Search Unity

Bug 2018.2.0 Collab doesn't download projects from cloud

Discussion in 'Linux' started by madgrenadier, Jul 19, 2018.

1. madgrenadier

madgrenadier

Hey guys, I just got unity 2018.2.0f2 installed and running on fedora 28. I'm coming from a windows environment and had a project going with unity teams/collab, in the Linux editor it shows the project as in the cloud and available to download. When I do it has me select a project folder and has a loading bar that looks like its importing, however once the editor loads nothing is imported. It names the project folder correctly but doesn't sync anything.

When I hit collab in editor its the new collab button, and when I try to go through those dialogues and link the project it tells me the request timed out, and says "Link lost" and "Unity seems to have lost its link to your project"
    The services tab says

"Attention
    Unable to link project to unity services.

Unity project ID no longer exists or you no longer have permission to the unity project ID"

it has a refresh access button which when pressed says permission refreshed, and a new link button that restarts the link dialogue getting me no where.

Sorry, I'm not the most fluent in Linux, especially not fedora if you need logs or want me to check things, the required command or file location would be appreciated.

2. madgrenadier

madgrenadier

So not really solved, but I fell back to 2017.4.6f1 and collab is working fine in that version.

*edit*
    just installed and tested on 2018.2.0.f1 and it doesn't work, so looks like for me at least 2017 is the way to go if you want to use collab.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  3. Wolf7115

Wolf7115

I'm also having the same issue. I may end up trying to copy the files over manually, but it seems that the root of the problem is that the collab is failing to link with the Linux builds in 2018.

4. rawfox

rawfox

*bump*

5. madgrenadier

madgrenadier

I just tried 2018.2.1f1 and the issue still persists here as well.

rawfox,
    I read your other thread and if your just getting started I would recommend trying 2017.4.6f1 and having your friend use the same on windows. Most things I've tried are working fine in 2017, it seems like something was broken in the update to the 2018 branch. Hopefully they get 2018 sorted out sooner than later, but you should be able to get things rolling on the older build for now.

rawfox likes this.
  6. rawfox

rawfox

Yeah, not sure if i should wait for latest version, i think its coming rather sooner then later.
    There is also this nasty mesh bug with the importer expecting normalized meshes as default what leads to a ton of errors in console and drags the whole performance down.
    Yeah i can ask him, but its not the right way to go, to ask windows to downgrade because "that Linux dude" has problems ^^

Thanks for replay tho ^^

7. rawfox

rawfox

The latest 2.2 is not doing mutch better on collaborated work :(
    i could imagine there is some tweak im just missing ?
    Its obviously loosing permissions, once refreshed it seems not really refreshed.
    Same for linking projects, its just not possible.

Any ideas ?

8. rawfox

rawfox

Failed setting thread niceness (priority) to 0 due to EACCES (errno 13) violation. Lowering niceness (raising priority) requires CAP_SYS_NICE or superuser.

superuser ... never run programs as root ...

any suggestions ?

9. rawfox

rawfox

Changing from 2018 to 2017 is problematic as all scips fail due to syntax change.
    Thats kinda sad story, i would love to work with Unity but im just a Penguin ... :/

10. rawfox

rawfox

2018.2.3f1 no changes, Collab still broken, request timeout, gets laggy and stalls

11. Fanelia82

Fanelia82

Hi rawfox!
    I m having the same issue.
    Have you found a solution to this problem?

12. Apprender

Apprender

I am having the same issue here! Is this issue in Unity's bugtracker?

13. Apprender

Apprender