Search Unity

2018.1 no longer in April?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SNS_Case, Apr 25, 2018.

1. SNS_Case

SNS_Case

I've been checking the website pretty religiously hoping to see the "2018.1 now available!" headline, but kept seeing the "2018.1 coming in April" and then checking the calendar to see how many days were left in April. Tonight I noticed it now says "coming soon" instead of April. I didn't see any posts/blogs about it, so I figured I'd ask if there is a new ETA? I've been waiting for the official release to really dig into the new job system and ECS with a project I feel is perfect for it.

2. N1warhead

N1warhead

I've been wondering the same exact thing... But - I'd rather it take longer and not have that pesky bug I'm sure they found and are trying to figure out, then to test thousands of times before release lol.

3. XCPU

XCPU

Hard to say what goes on behind the scenes, no RC release yet.
    I just carry on doing design and planning type stuff, always lots of little things to do,
    Mine is a new project too, and creating a new project using 2018.1 is just another one.
    I just picked it just because... seemed like a good starting point.

4. pshtif

pshtif

Atleast they could roll out b14 since b13 is pretty broken and missing a lot of the Job system stuff :/

5. Murgilod

Murgilod

I'd rather them take their time and fix bugs like the particle curve editor window not opening all the time.

6. vakabaka

vakabaka

2018.2 beta is out. Maybe it has some missed stuff.

7. shaunsheppardMRI

shaunsheppardMRI

Saw that too. Am hoping it is because they are working with a well-known studio to release (or at least annouce an upcoming release of) a AAA title using 2018.1 simultaneously with its official release. ;-)

8. pshtif

pshtif

Yep it does have all the missing stuff Joachim said they missed in the b13 build, but it is also less stable and adds few other unnecessarily experimental features. Thats why I was waiting for the b13 since Joachim said all the missing Jobs stuff will be in "build this week" (posted first week of April). Since then still no build just waiting for the 2018.1 Don't get be wrong I am all for making it as stable as possible but they could atleast give us some ETAs if its not coming now instead of being sneaky with "coming soon".