Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

2018.1 and TMP 1.2.1 on Visual Studio for Mac

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Finity, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Finity

Finity

Unity works fine with the changes I have made for 2018.1 and TMP; but if I want to build on Visual Studio to debug, it does not recognize TMPro namespace as it looks for source files located in Packages folder like this one: "/PathToMyProject/Packages/com.unity.textmeshpro/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_TextInfo.cs'

As TextMesh Pro folder is no longer there in this setup, what is the best way to make unity create solution/proj files for a project that includes TextMeshPro, correctly? I am asking this because Unity creates incorrect sln/project files from scratch even if I delete all the csproj and sln files.

This prevents me from building the project "inside" Visual Studio. (It works perfectly inside Unity for sure.)

I may manually edit proj file, but it doesn't seem to be the right thing.

What do you think?

Visual Studio for Mac: 7.4 (1033)
    macOS: 10.13.3
    Unity: 2018.1.b11
    TMP: 1.2.1

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

I would suggest posting this information in the beta forum or in the following thread since this relates to Visual Studio, Assembly Definitions and package manager.

I will ask around as well on my end.