Search Unity

(2018.1.3)(shaderForge) invalid subscript _ShadowCoord d3d11

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by bugaj, Jan 22, 2019.

1. bugaj

bugaj

Forward, baked lights, single pass stereo. shared depth buffer
    im working on older project in my company, using shaders made with shader forge, and imported into 2018.1.3 i have constant compiler issue with two of them. They show :

Shader error in 'Shader Forge/Porcelain_shd': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at line 136 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE DIRECTIONAL LIGHTMAP_ON DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK DIRLIGHTMAP_OFF
    Platform defines: UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING

Shader error in 'Shader Forge/Gloves_shd': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at line 97 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE DIRECTIONAL LIGHTMAP_ON DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK DIRLIGHTMAP_OFF
    Platform defines: UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    When i recompile one of them in shader forge, it makes the other magenta(compile issues)

2. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Are those shaders using SHADOW_COORD or UNITY_SHADOW_COORD macros?

3. bugaj

bugaj

They are made with shader forge, so i cannot be sure. They dont use that function in shader forge editor.. But i assume they have to since that error is there. I can upload shaders here if that would help

4. bugaj

bugaj

5. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Yeah, they use LIGHTING_COORD, which is an old macro from Unity 4.x...
    Is it possible to update to a newer Unity version for you? It's fixed in 2018.2 and newer. :)

6. bugaj

bugaj

So i have to download newer version of shader forge? That asset is deprecated since the release of shader graph(which i cant use without changing pipeline, which is impossible for me at this stage)

7. bugaj

bugaj

I cant update to newer unity version unfortunatelly, its to much work for the reest of my team. i can only upgrade my packages and plugins

8. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Try replacing LIGHTING_COORD -> UNITY_LIGHTING_COORD, TRANSFER_VERTEX_TO_FRAGMENT -> UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING manually.
    If this doesn't help, your solutions are either to upgrade to 2018.2 or later or use a different shader.
    This bug was fixed in 2018.2, but not in 2018.1.

9. bugaj

bugaj

didnt worked Shader error in not enough actual parameters for macro 'UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING' undeclared identifier 'UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING' at line 103 (on d3d11)

10. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

The second parameter for this macro is the UV channel from VertexInput that has light map UVs.
    In your case it's `v.texcoord1`.