Search Unity

2018.1.0b12 and Vuforia? iOS issues.

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by sebrk_hiq, Apr 2, 2018.

1. sebrk_hiq

sebrk_hiq

I just built a Vuforia project targeting Android and iOS using 2018.1.0b12. Running in the editor works fine as well as on an Android device. The iOS build however recognises no targets at all. In addition to that it doesn't fill the whole iPhone X screen but has black borders on top and under the camera view, looks like 3.5" screen with rounded corners (I have not actually measured it though).

Is this the same issue that is described here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/kno...xcode-9-3-and-ios-11-3-beta-arkit-1-5.516117/ ?

Or is this an issue related to the beta itself?

I have tried building with btoth Xcode 9.2 and 9.3 with the same result.

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @sebrk_hiq

I'm not seeing this with the latest 2018 beta (0b13). Could you try updating to that and re-testing?

Thanks

3. sebrk_hiq

sebrk_hiq

Yes it seems to work in 0b13, not in 0b12 however.

4. cheezorg

cheezorg

EDIT: Found a fix. Setting Vuforia configs to camera MODE_OPTIMIZE_SPEED fixed the issue for me.

ORIGINAL POST:
    I'm seeing an iOS bug with Vuforia and 0b13. Works perfectly on Android, but on iOS there is visible frame jitter at all edges of the screen. This happens whether pointed to a target or not. It looks like constant refocusing is happening, without taking the screen bounds into consideration. Testing on iPhone 7 Plus 11.2.1

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    Vuforia-Strasza likes this.