Search Unity

Easy Build System V4 - Modular Building System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdsCryptoz, Nov 5, 2015.

?

Next functionality to add to Easy Build System ?

1. Android Compatibility

2. Third Person Controller Compatibility

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I've finish the system today, it's basic but functional, in 1 weeks or before, it will be available on the AssetStore.

This is relative at Input Manager of Project Settings, it allows to modify the inputs without going through the code, more practical :)

Hi,

I'm not sure, but it will probably check if the layers (Socket, Preview) are correctly added and use the function (Queries Hit Triggers) in your Project Settings -> Physics Manager.

Do not hesitate to send me the problems/questions you encounter.

2. somosky

somosky

Hi I'm sorry I probably worded my question poorly. What I was wondering was in version 3.0 I can load the Circular menu bar by simply changing the open input button (formerly Tab) to a Joystick button. That works fine. I can also build and destroy fine.

The issue is that the Circular Build menu cannot be manipulated without the mouse.

So let's say I open up the Circular Menu with Joystick button 5 that works fine but I can't maneuver in the Circular menu to pick a floor or a wall or anything. I have no control over the Circular menu. Hope I explained my question more clearly this time. Thanks.

3. somosky

somosky

An example would be being able to open the Circular menu and instead of having to mouse over the foundations option or wall option to select it being able to use Horizantal or vertical axis set up in the event manager.

4. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

I have not yet taken into account the circular menu, I will put this in place.

5. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

I have just uploaded a tutorial to show how to get EBS working with Ultimate Survival.
    While having fun I found a couple of bugs and a big one and there is a link to download the fix in the video description. Next version will have the fix released.

Unity Tutorial - How to make a Survival Game - How to Add Easy Build System!

50% SALE!! Get yourselves EBS now while you can http://bit.ly/ebsunity

Weblox, Aaron2348, digiross and 2 others like this.
  6. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Thank you for this awesome tutorial, it will help more than one, because the tutorials is not my strong point, I will share this.

Regarding the placement of the ladder and the torch this bug has been fixed in version 3.1.

I hope you like doing this tutorial as well as using ebs.

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  7. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

US with EBS was so easy to get working using your plugins it was a shock. I sent you a mail with some more findings hopefully to get in the next update too.

8. uni7y

uni7y

Great Tut again @TheMessyCoder thanks for that! maybe you can also make one for Third Person Cover Controller :)

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  9. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

I did a review of that before, I think it has potential but just wasnt as polished as I had hoped.

Would that work with EBS?

uni7y likes this.
  10. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I do not have the asset, but surely with the Quick Start function and may be some modifications.

If a person has already tried, I would like to know. I would buy the asset for integration in this case.

uni7y likes this.
  11. somosky

somosky

Any idea on a timetable for the controller support for the Circular Menu?

12. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

The 3.1 is waiting for the Asset Store, however, if you contact me by mail, I would send you the script for some tests?

13. somosky

somosky

Ok I emailed you at AdsStudio12@gmail.com

14. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Hey how long is the sale?

15. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi, another 2 months.

Aaron2348 likes this.
  16. YolanOTHER

YolanOTHER

3.1 appears to be up now.

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  17. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

This release fixes a lot of problems which was reported to me by email, it is recommended to make the update to solve some problems as like free placement, and other problems that you can find on the release note (Here).

I am currently working on the documentation to try to facilitate the use of system as much as possible, this will be available in the coming week.

I've sent the 3.1.1 to fix some problems with the Ultimate Survival integration and the Quick Start.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  18. Soulature

Soulature

Hello fine people...,

Am pretty sure as usual is user error on my end. My apologies if there are threads that combine to solve for this, I just don't see any applicable. But I have followed the tutorial steps 4 or 5 times now attempting to integrate/emulate as awesomely as the tutorial presents. To no avail...

Started a few fresh projects 4 or 5 times containing only US & EBS. Alternated the import order of the two assets in the case the file overwrites/order of precedence were affecting since they are both "Complete Projects". Accepted defaults on import for each. Am receiving the following whenever executing the EBS -- Utilities -- Quick Start regardless of import order:

[Easy Build System]</color></b> : Base Inputs - Input Collection does not exists.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    EasyBuildSystemEditor.Scripts.Window.MainEditor:QuickStart()
    EasyBuildSystemEditor.Scripts.Menu.MenuItems:EditorQuickStart()

Am running: Windows 10, EBS 3.1, US 0.1.5, Unity 2017.2.Of3.

I will also note, that the out of the box, EBS -- Survival Demo allows character movement, but no object placement for me... is showing Current Prefab as empty. The Basic Features and Third Person Demo do however seem to function properly.

Any insight, help or guidance would be greatly appreciated to resolve.

Many thanks in advance!

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  19. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Thank you reporting me this, as I said in the previous post, (I've sent the 3.1.1 to fix some problems with the Ultimate Survival Integration and the Quick Start.), That should not be too much time.

This solves the problem for the Ultimate Survival integration as well as the Quick Start function.

I'm sorry for the problem.

20. Soulature

Soulature

My bad, many thanks for the quick reply. I must have been typing this up and fighting my hotspot while you posted that. I did see the release notes, and didn't see it in there. Will look forward to the update resolution. Thanks again!

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  21. Soulature

Soulature

Yep, 3.1.1, and no errors. Thanks!

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  22. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Important (3.1.1) : I have received complaints about a compilation errors, I send a fix, the problem should be fixed as soon as possible.

You can also fix the problem, to remove the old file by this one (Here).
    Path (Easy Build System/Easy Build System - Demos/Resources/Scripts/Miscs/UI).

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  23. pedroob221

pedroob221

Hello,

Does it allow in-game rotation of placed objects (with gizmos)?

24. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Yes you can move/rotate/scale the object in runtime and save with Build Storage.

25. Alexis-Mitchell

Alexis-Mitchell

26. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I've not try, but it must be like UFPS I think an integration would be possible, let me know if you try. I can also help you by email if you have problems.

27. Alexis-Mitchell

Alexis-Mitchell

okay thanks man!

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  28. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi there,

The documentation Easy Build System has been updated and improved, you can consult it : Here.

The release 3.2 will be soon available on Asset Store, this will allows to fix some issues.
    Adding old parts of the version 2.0 and of new blueprint system will be also available.

Blueprint Data (Example) :

This will allow you to share your builds with other people, this will be further improved in the next release.

29. jnbbender

jnbbender

I'm curious about purchasing this asset but I have a question. I'm not quite sure what EBS allows you to work with. Does the destructable system only work for the assets included with EBS? And what about the placement? Or can I use it for any of my other assets?

30. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

The system of destruction is an add-on which is included in the project, it allows to instantiate a gameObject that you have fractured, with an asset like (Fracturing & Destruction) or by a fracturing algorithm like in Blender or Maya.

Regarding placement, you can place all your own models, or use the parts defaults.

I hope I answered your questions.

31. jnbbender

jnbbender

Yes, thank you

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  32. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

Does this work together with ORK and Voxeland?

33. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi, I have not opportunity to try on Ork, however, but a Voxeland integration is possible.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  34. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

Well, I bought it (EBS) and hope it works with ORK too (would be nice). :)

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  35. Zymes

Zymes

I want a building system that works like the game Software Inc.

Can this package support click and drag for walls? And also diagonal walls?

Thanks.

36. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

If you try to integrate it is that you have a problem, do not hesitate to contact me.

You can place objects like a RTS from your camera, but, not by drag and drop like this, the walls placement must do according to the initial placement rotation.

I not suggest you EBS for this, I hope I answered your questions,

37. clagrens

clagrens

Hello, Xandops!

I want to use ebs in big sandbox world (10km*10km)

I notice that build storge save all the buidings in the scene in one time.

But I want to save the buildings separated in several blocks, because I don't need load the buidings in far distance.

Just like what world streamer do.

Or can you make a interaction for world steamer?

38. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi !,

I did not think about this for the build storage, because my tests are done on terrain with a normal size, but the idea is very good, I'll try to see if I can add this kind of feature in a next release.

However, for an immediate solution you can use the AOE system that will allow you to gain performance.
    Or create your add-on that allows you to disable (Build Group) that are far from your player.

I hope have answered your question,

39. clagrens

clagrens

;);)Thanks

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  40. cjdunsmoor

cjdunsmoor

I followed the tutorial by @TheMessyCoder for easy build intergaration with US but the ladders when placed were not climable. Did anyone else have this problem and if so were you able to fix it?

41. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Yes this problem has been fixed in the 3.2.

42. maxaud

maxaud

Do you know if this is compatible with PS4? I purchased but haven't had an opportunity to check.

Additionally, do you have any examples for setups that aren't first-person?

43. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I've not try, however, you can configure your own inputs (gamepad in your case).
    I think this is possible, keep me informed if you try to integrate it.

If you want add the third person you can view the guides (Third Person) available on the documentation (Here) the principle stay the same.

44. cjdunsmoor

cjdunsmoor

I have updated to version 3.2 and the ladders are still not climbable in ultimate survival any ideas?

45. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

It works correctly for me, do you have (Check the layers) with the Main Editor of system?

Do you have loaded the Build Collection - Ultimate Survival in your Build Manager?

46. cjdunsmoor

cjdunsmoor

Yeah I do. I can build it just fine it’s just not functional.

47. cjdunsmoor

cjdunsmoor

Nevermind it was simple and I overlooked it. Thanks for your help I love this asset.

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  48. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Thanks you, you can change the socket to attachment type to improve the snap if this is not optimal.

49. jebediahh

jebediahh

Hello - I'm thinking of buying this asset - Can you tell me if it works with MapMagic World Generator?

50. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

The system is compatible with the Voxeland, I have not yet had the opportunity to test it on the Map Magic (Generator).
    However, if you have problems during the integration, you can contact me by mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.