Search Unity

2017.4.29f1 bug with GI

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by reggie_sgs, Jul 23, 2019.

1. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

I'm still waiting on a response to my last question but I've investigated the ambient problem further and it appears to be a bug in 2017. It seems like the baked ambient lighting gets lost when the scene is not the initial scene. What I've discovered is if I strip out all the game logic and set the scene as the starting scene, the lighting looks correct. However if that same scene is loaded after any other scene (even itself), the baked ambient lighting is lost.

I thought it might be something with my project so I created a blank project with just a plane and 2 cubes. I created a simple script that just reloaded the same scene by pressing "J" and found that reloading the scene caused the ambient lighting to get dropped. I then copied this test project and opened it in 2018 and the lighting stayed consistent across scene loads.

We're not at at point where we can upgrade our projects as they're weeks away from going to the publisher for disc replication. Are there any work arounds for this?

Attached Files:

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

From the looks of it, you are experiencing this bug - https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...y-mode-when-baked-and-realtime-gi-are-enabled
    Please try disabling either realtime or baked GI in your scene, rebake, and see if the issue reproduces. Try disabling Auto Generate for good measure as well.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  3. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

Thanks for the suggestion. When I click that link, it doesn't show anything but I tried baking with just realtime and that seems to fix it. I have to bake once with realtime (baked GI disabled) and then go back to baked GI (realtime disabled) but that seems to fix it.

4. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

5. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

Thanks. It's not related to light probes as these are static geometry. I do have another issue that's holding up submission right now and I just posted another thread about it. Thanks again for the help.