Search Unity

2017.4.0f1 crashes in headless mode

Discussion in 'Linux' started by BonneCW, Apr 6, 2018.

1. BonneCW

BonneCW

Hey there,

I'm trying to get headless builds working on a Linux server for quite a while now. First I couldn't get 2017.x version to build anything, so I tried the 2018.1 beta. With this version I was able to build two small prototype projects on Linux for Windows, Linux and Mac. But my main project can't be built with 2018 yet due to the lack of Substance. So I decided to give 2017.4 another try as I reinstalled the server in the meantime. Right at the beginning I saw that mono runtime was missing (might be the reason other 2017.x versions didn't work out, even though I don't know why 2018 works without. After installing it it builds my project really far. But after shader compilation I get a crash.

Here are the last lines of the output I get:

I'm not sure if it's related to the Steam plugin or if it's something else. I could try to build one of the projects working with 2018 to see if it depends on the project or if it's a general problem with 2017.4 (maybe another missing dependency). On Windows the exports work just fine.

Maybe someone stumbled upon this problem before and has a hint for me.

EDIT: It's an Ubuntu 17.10 headless server.

2. Tak

Tak

It looks like it's crashing while generating cursors.
    Maybe a bad interaction with Xvfb?

3. BonneCW

BonneCW

Removing the default cursor I set in the player settings seemed to work. I actually got Linux, Mac and Windows building. Android is hanging at Building Gradle project (I guess one of the last steps) for 14 hours now. Seems a little too long even though the server isn't the fastest :D (compiling shaders, bulding scenes and stuff took around 1h after it ran successfully yesterday).