Search Unity

2017.3 crash, misdetected RAM on Windows standalone (Win10, Nvidia 2070 RTX)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by melos_han_tani, Aug 17, 2019.

1. melos_han_tani

melos_han_tani

Hi all, a user playing on Windows 10 with a high-end GPU gets an immediate crash when starting a windows standalone built on 2017.3. I have no idea where even to start looking with this. The only weird graphical thing my game does is render a camera down to a render texture and display it on a UI Raw Image.

User's module/register/stack dump https://pastebin.com/p5Mas5fe
    stack trace/output log https://pastebin.com/iCZy4YnV

Seems to be a null ref error possibly in my code, but I'm not sure what it could be because there are thousands of other people playing on Windows 10 without this issue.

We do use the following plugins:
    - ReWired
    - Probuilder
    - TextMeshPro
    - cinemachine

One weird thing is the output log is saying the user has 2 GB memory when they have 32 GB? Maybe that is related? My game does not use over 2 GB though.

"
    Anodyne 2 [version: Unity 2017.3.0f3 (a9f86dcd79df)]

UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module UnityPlayer.dll at 0023:5e848574.

Error occurred at 2019-08-13_232946.
    H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Anodyne 2\Anodyne2.exe, run by Jon.
    8% memory in use.
    2048 MB physical memory [2048 MB free].
    0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
    2048 MB user address space [1692 MB free].
    Read from location 0000000e caused an access violation."

Monitor: 60hz
    No Controller

AMD Ryzen 2700X CPU
    32 GB of RAM
    NVidia 2070 RTX GPU

2. Aemony

Aemony

Having just struggled with this exact issue myself with Anodyne 2 for a few hours where nothing seemed to fix it (changed GPU, RAM, and a ton of other things), it was eventually brought to my attention that some versions of Unity has an issue with Citrix Workspace that causes the games to crash immediately on startup without useful information in the crash logs.

Uninstalling the "Citrix Indirect Display Adapter" through Device Manager confirmed that this was the case for Anodyne 2 as well, as immediately after the game launched without any issues.

Please update the Unity build you're using to at least 2017.4.16f1 LTS, which apparently has had the issue solved since late 2018.