Search Unity

[2017.3.0f3] Invisible (but functional) scene gizmo and move/rotate/scale tools

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by indevious, Dec 19, 2017.

1. indevious

indevious

My scene gizmo and object transform gizmo arrows/handles have turned invisible in the latest 2017.3 Unity Plus. They still work and can be manipulated, but there's no colored UI to indicate the positive axis direction (on the scene widget) and no arrowheads/handles (on the move/rotate/scale widgets). I've tried restarting, reinstalling, creating a new empty project, etc.

unity-invisible-gizmo.png

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  2. indevious

indevious

EDIT: Instead of complaining here I submitted a bug. TL;DR this kind of visual glitch preventable through automated regression testing, which I understand is already in place for Unity. Maybe implement better test coverage across commodity hardware & shader levels?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  3. Xtro

Xtro

Bugs bugs bugs... I have come here when looking for a solution for another bug (which I won't describe here) Every new Unity version comes with brand new BUGS. We are really tired of this. It makes me very sad. Please stop dumping new features and start fixing years old bugs.

indevious likes this.
  4. indevious

indevious

Yes, please let's fix some of these bugs, Unity dev team! It's not always about fancy new features like VR. Sometimes it's about stability, robustness, and reliability across the simple use cases: pushing triangles to the screen. Loading assets. Gizmos. And the like.

5. AhmedTheGreat

AhmedTheGreat

I Have This Same Bug In Unity 2019.4 (LTS) And Unity 2020.2 Alpha

6. ashleyfjohnny2007

ashleyfjohnny2007

Does anyone know if this was ever resolved? I have the same problem