Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2017.3.0b3 is crashing on start-up

Discussion in '2017.3 Beta' started by Xtro, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Xtro

Xtro

2017.3.0b3 is crashing on start-up even for new (empty) project. Is this only me?

2. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

are you on Mac or Windows?

3. Xtro

Xtro

Windows

4. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

I'll have our QA team verify the build that was updated to the website. Stay tuned.

joegoldin likes this.
  5. CarlosRincon

CarlosRincon

Unity Technologies

Just to clarify, is it a crash or a freeze (requiring you to kill Unity with task manager)? If a crash, any stack trace or error message?

charlesb_rm likes this.
  6. joegoldin

joegoldin

I'm having no issues getting to the editor in a blank project, and hitting play seems to work just fine. I'll ping back here if I have any issues moving forward.

I'm on Windows 10 x64 Enterprise Creator Update

charlesb_rm likes this.
  7. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Wouldn't it help even more, if he submits a bug-report via the Bug Reporter Tool that appears once the editor crashed?

8. JohnC_Unity

JohnC_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Xtro,

We've found the issue and are currently working on a fix. I've posted a workaround you might like to try below. Hopefully it will help elevate the issue.

Thanks a lot for letting know.

WORKAROUND
    If you add a line to your host file (https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/beginner-geek-how-to-edit-your-hosts-file/ for guidance!) , this resolves the issue currently. The line to add is "127.0.0.1 update.unity3d.com" to /etc/hosts (Mac) or C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows)

NOTE: When installing other versions of Unity please make sure to return your host file to default settings.