Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2017.2 physics broken

Discussion in 'Physics' started by JohnTomorrow, Oct 12, 2017.

1. umair_hassan1991

umair_hassan1991

P.M. it is only noted in few devices e.g. nexus

2. Zombiechunks

Zombiechunks

I am having physics issues. The ray casting isn't working as it once did apparently. The physics are all over the place and behave vastly different. While I built the game back in 2015 on 4.6.9, the company who recently licensed the game is using 2017.4.9. so the game has to work in that version. Being that the physics are a major part of the game design I need them functional and they are not. Any help would be much appreciated. Time is money as is said.

3. snacktime

snacktime

4.x to 5.x was a big change in physics, I would expect most projects made in 4.x to break in 5.x and above. The context of this thread is in more recent changes. It's kind of assumed because most unity developers already know 4.x was very different.

This page has a list of the major differences. So I would start there. Then there are some changes in 2017.x like transform syncing. There are also a number of things that never should have worked but at one time did and are not documented, like parenting of rigidbodies in certain configurations. So really what you need is a developer that understands stuff well enough to spot where the problems are and upgrade stuff.

4. Zombiechunks

Zombiechunks

Thank you for the information. I was completely aware at the time that Unity was in for changes and for that matter ,always will be, but we're never ready for how they will affect our projects. :D