Search Unity

2017.2.0f3 webcam doesn't work

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by mouurusai, Oct 28, 2017.

1. mouurusai

mouurusai

Hello, when I looked through the examples from "Core Sample Assets" I found that the webcam does not work. The camera is turned on in the settings, but when the scene starts, the power indicator does not light up and only the black background is visible. If I double-tap and turn on the "Front camera", the camera's power indicator lights up, but an error message appears in the console.
    Code (csharp):
    1. Failed to set frame format
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    3. Vuforia.CameraDevice:SetFrameFormat(PIXEL_FORMAT, Boolean)
    4. Vuforia.CameraDevice:ForceFrameFormat(PIXEL_FORMAT, Boolean)
    5. Vuforia.CameraDevice:Start()
    6. CameraSettings:RestartCamera(CameraDirection) (at Assets/Common/CameraSettings.cs:162)
    7. CameraSettings:SelectCamera(CameraDirection) (at Assets/Common/CameraSettings.cs:94)
    8. MenuOptions:ToggleFrontCamera() (at Assets/Common/MenuOptions.cs:65)
    9. UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Attached Files:

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hey mouurusai,
    Which platform settings do you have the Vuforia Support checked on? Device and PC/Mac/Standalone, or just device? Are you able to deploy the build to a device? If so, do you have a black screen there?
    Thanks!

3. mouurusai

mouurusai

Hello, both PC and Android has activated AR support option, in Android build also just black screen, and app fall at just in few seconds.

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Another person had encountered a similar issue to what you're having. They created a new project and didn't see this issue in the new project. Could you try this and let me know what you see? I'm curious if this is the same issue and if it is isolated to the project specifically or if it is something different.

Either way, could you package up the project that isn't working for you and send it to me so I can try it?

Thanks!

5. mouurusai

mouurusai

New project make no difference, here is a project.
    In case of file hosting does not have english version, click "скачать" to download.
    https://yadi.sk/d/8Wni6HeW3PMdU7

6. samilapf

samilapf

Any solution for this issue? I'm having the same.