Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2017.1 rendering

Discussion in '2017.1 Beta' started by Waterlane, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Waterlane

Waterlane

Hi - enjoyed the Unite Keynote and seeing how Unity 2017.1 will include a renderer.. :)
    Can anyone tell me if this will include the ability to render 180/360/spherical/cubemaps/etc etc etc...
    Dave

2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Your question is really ambiguous here.

If you're thinking about the Scriptable Render Pipelines - these are still very much in development and _not_ part of 2017.1 as a shipped complete feature.

3. elbows

elbows

I'm guessing they mean the 'export to video' renderer.

4. 5argon

5argon

Waterlane likes this.
  5. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

The Video Renderer is developed independently from 2017.1 and it's still work-in-progress. You can find the code in this GitHub repository: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/GenericFrameRecorder
    It is still unclear how it will be distributed when it's finished.
    Your feedback on it is welcome though.

Waterlane and 5argon like this.
  6. Waterlane

Waterlane

Sorry if I sounded ambiguous.
    To clarify - in the Unity Keynote at 49:49 a "recorder window" is shown. This seems to be built in to Unity 2017.1 (if so this is very cool :) )
    [
    ]

After looking at the video again, I can see options for export type and resolution, but I'm wondering if anyone has tested this to know if it also allows for more than a standard movie format - eg rendering VR/360/spherical/cubemaps/image sequences?

'hope that clears up any confusion. :)

7. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

It's as Charles said. It's an extension that can be added, but not built into Unity. Also, its development is in-progress.

Waterlane likes this.