Search Unity

Official 2017.1 released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SaraCecilia, Jul 11, 2017.

1. nxrighthere

nxrighthere

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

The reason this happens is because the fixes go in the leading build and are then backported, so look for a patch update for 2017.1

Would like official confirmation as well :)

PedroGV likes this.
  3. Phoera

Phoera

4. Meientar

Meientar

Hi all, i'm very new of Unity3D. I'm practing using official tutorials but (for this reason i'm posting here) following the first bery basic tutorial, with this version of Unity3D, the project "Roll a Ball" not work.

5. BeatriceSamir

BeatriceSamir

Hey, if anyone here can help, it will be great, since I am using unity 2017.1 and when I tried to plug vuforia unity extension into Assets, It showed me a message saying that the folder is empty, so I don't know, actually, how to handle the matter.

6. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

i believe its two different versions of vuforia but i just upgraded to 2017.1 and my old vuforia project still works with the older version of plugin.

7. ubanck

ubanck

hi
    I just download unity 2017 and use it to make my game! But something wrong,I modify the ugui source to get some feature. Sure, I rebuild dll to cover it ! But now ,I can't do it
    Maybe some class is not found!

The ugui source code can not suit unity2017. So ,I just want to know ,How can I get a new source code for new ugui?
    thank you

8. BeatriceSamir

BeatriceSamir

YUP, I suppose it maybe the cause, but I don't know how to handle it. Do you suggest anything?

9. William-Wang

William-Wang

10. Fabiosek

Fabiosek

HI!

I have a question.

When to expect the tools from this video:

?

Are you planning to add something like Anima2D to the unity?

11. bakerlisa510

bakerlisa510

so what they are saying is a hoax??

12. Ostwind

Ostwind

Not sure what are you referring to but I don't think they ever said any dates or in detail what kind of improvements are even coming.

Zaelot likes this.
  13. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

2017.1.2 is released guys

14. BlackHole9000

BlackHole9000

I would like a clarification as I'm new to Unity (and programming in general)
    If a package in the asset store says "This package requires Unity 5.4" and while installing/importing it says it's incompatible due to 2017.1 being "inferior", is this actually a downgrade or an upgrade then cuz I'm a little confused.
    I am learning while being a complete newbie and I'm actually not really understanding how to use C# and am slowly learning. Importing some of the packages from the store does give that message.

It would also be nice if the tutorials had a bit of updated format as some of them are from way earlier versions of Unity engine where some features are completely differently described.

I tried making a random 3D maze generator and failed because I did it as instructed, and I have no idea where the error is, and there are apparently 13 errors.

Please update tutorials as some of them have outdated directions already or are visually confusing because of the changes in features descriptions.

15. bromske

bromske

I'm trying to bring my 5.6.3.p1 project to 2017.1.2 but it dosn't work :'(
    The "compiling scripts" dialog is showing and after a short time nothing happens any more... (>10hours waiting)
    Is there a logfile or something i can do, to solve this problem

Thx for help and sorry for my bad english

16. BlackHole9000

BlackHole9000

I can't even complete a tutorial because of compile errors, even though I follow the tutorials.
    http://catlikecoding.com/unity/tutorials/maze/
    This simply can't work with newest Unity build because it's fairly outdated.
    I'm trying again and again to fix the fundamentals part and I can't seem to find any errors comparing what's on the page and what I have in the script, exactly same, and 13 errors across ALL scripts.

This is very newbie unfriendly, especially when someone doesn't really know what they are doing.
    I generally understand what I'm writing in the script, but I can't find a way to fix it.

Either I'm dumb or the tutorial has some errors on it's own, there are some points when I have no idea when or when I'm supposed to write code.

When I'm comparing the step by step results I can see the author made some things in there he didn't even mention in the tutorial in the first palce, which explains why the errors come up.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just decided to switch to .NET 4.6 & C# 6, string interpolation is still not working?

upload_2017-10-29_18-30-3.png

18. Ostwind

Ostwind

countText.text = ...

Deleted User likes this.