Search Unity

2014 Windows and Windows Phone Games Competition - Congratulations winners!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Graham-Dunnett, May 21, 2014.

1. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

2. Jo-Ryall

Jo-Ryall

Unity Technologies

Once you submitted the final form, you should have seen the screen confirmation
    "Thank you for submitting your game(s) to the Unity and Microsoft game developer contest. Winners will be contacted directly by email. Good luck!"

3. Meceka

Meceka

My token doesn't work, and it's been 7 days until I've sent an e-mail to unity3d@microsoft.com , I didn't get a response.

I want to create that developer account, and then set my phone as developer device. But I still can't test on my phone as I can't register my token.

4. Jo-Ryall

Jo-Ryall

Unity Technologies

Hi Meceka, I contacted Microsoft to have them check on your email but they can't find any email associated with your name. Please can you email me direct jo@unity3d.com so I know what your email address is. Thanks.

5. GameDev_India

GameDev_India

6. BBRome

BBRome

I’m trying to submit second game to the contest, but I have this error “E-mail has already been taken”,
    as I known we can send up to 10 games.

what can I do?

Thanks,

7. Jo-Ryall

Jo-Ryall

Unity Technologies

@BBRome, please email me directly jo@unity3d.com and i will help you.

8. tepafril

tepafril

I wish to see the submission date is extended or waiting for the next contests. :)

9. schmosef

schmosef

Another month would be nice...

10. andres29091

andres29091

Hello, I have a question.

Here's the thing, I submitted a game today to the contest but wanted to keep adding more stuff to it. My question is can I keep adding stuff to the game before July 20th? Will you guys be reviewing all the games after that date or do you review them upon submittion?

11. pudge-frog

pudge-frog

Hi everybody, I have 2 problems with the contest as following:
    - Firstly, I received your token code twice, but I can't renew my account with this code, it's always error with the message:
    "Something went wrong and we couldn't process your subscription. This could be because there was a problem with your payment account or a problem with our service. Click Continue to update your payment method and try again.".

- Secondly, my game which is used to joint the contest is now complete and run well on both 525 and 820 device. However the WACK never let me pass with the failure in debug configuration:
    • The binary Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll is built in debug mode.
    • The binary Assembly-UnityScript.dll is built in debug mode.

I followed some threads in Unity forum which recommend that I should uncheck the "Development build" in Unity and set the build configuration in VS2013 as Master and ARM, but the same error in WACK still occurs.

Few more days will be the dead line of the contest but I'm still stuck with this. Please, provide me some help!

12. cipu

cipu

Hi unity team. I have a consider about confirm submit to the unity contest. I already have an account dev for WP8. And i was public it to the Win Store. This is the link: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ed1da140-52a1-4866-bee6-bc8d540bb74b.

Also i already fill the form to submit my game to the contest. But after few day i dont receive anything from Unity or Microsoft to make sure my game already in the list contest.

Please You can check it for me thanks. this is my email i was using to Register contest chiphuc1134@gmail.com

13. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

14. Jo-Ryall

Jo-Ryall

Unity Technologies

Hi Rajmahal, we will be reviewing all submissions after July 20th.

15. Jo-Ryall

Jo-Ryall

Unity Technologies

Hi Raj, just confirming again here that we received your game submission :) So you're all set! Good luck!

16. Jo-Ryall

Jo-Ryall

Unity Technologies

Hi, I can confirm we have received your game (MaxPlus) submission to the contest! :) Best of luck!

17. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

18. pudge-frog

pudge-frog

19. SonalP

SonalP

Can you share the name of the app, your email and developer id to our unitywin email address? I will follow up on the issue.
    Thanks,
    Sonal

20. PeterShoferistov

PeterShoferistov

Have you tried to delete VS project and build in once again in Unity? Sometimes it helps. For example after adding into Unity project some of the Prime31 plugins.

21. pudge-frog

pudge-frog

Hi Sonal, sorry but could you tell me the email of your unity support.

22. zuzzu

zuzzu

Rules state that the game has to be built using Visual Studio Express.

I guess that VS Professional is also fine?

23. mheyman89

mheyman89

24. ZoomieRoomie

ZoomieRoomie

Since I finished uploading and verifying both the Windows Store and Windows Phone Store version of my game (associated with the same name and ID) I was wondering how I am supposed to fill out the form for the contest correctly. More specific: How can I give you the link to both versions of the game (PC and Mobile) with just one segment where I can insert a link to the published version? I feel like I am missing something obvious.
    I am very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you very much in advance for your help.

25. youarebritish2

youarebritish2

We submitted ours with a link to the Windows Store entry in the URL form and a link to the Windows Phone Store entry in the description. Hopefully that's correct.

ZoomieRoomie likes this.
  26. espart117

espart117

I submitted one of my games to the contest and it worked but when I tried to submit the second one it appears de error "E-mail has already been taken".

Could you help me please? Both games has been published and I have both links.

27. LaurensiusTony

LaurensiusTony

Hi i would like to know 20 july is according to what region time?

28. creat327

creat327

I'm trying to enter two games for both platforms but I also get the repeated emails error.
    I wrote to jo@unity3d.com but just to make sure it is stated with a proper timestamp I post it here too :)
    My games are Dogfight and Mini Dogfight, download links at www.dogfightplay.com and www.minidogfight.com
    Both run on Windows Store and Windows Phone

29. schmosef

schmosef

Congratulations to everyone that got their game done and submitted in time.

With any luck, my game will be done in time for next year's contest! ;):D

30. Meceka

Meceka

31. fifthknotch

fifthknotch

32. npruehs

npruehs

33. akenaton

akenaton

Hi,
    we have published in time our game TidyUp on 20 july:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/tidyup/2a71fce0-a052-4a39-b208-b2f48c769b5f

but due to short delay we did not implement trial.
    Is that a problem?

The trial will be available normally on wedenesday

Thanks

34. Jo-Ryall

Jo-Ryall

Unity Technologies

Hi, I can confirm we have received your entry! Once you submitted the final form, you should have seen the screen confirmation
    "Thank you for submitting your game(s) to the Unity and Microsoft game developer contest. Winners will be contacted directly by email. Good luck!"

35. co0led

co0led

I decided to apply with my first creation!
    http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-au/app/lethal-virus/6a0a50cf-ac87-4e34-95da-c1e26e3b3e0c

My 3D models are not that pretty because i originally designed them to android. Now that i see that it is so easy to port to Windows Store i will definitelly improve my 3D Models and start supporting Windows Store as well.
    Anyway, It was a 1 person work with tons of self learning! Unity is amazing! i love it!
    I would really love to get some opinions in case you guys have time! this is my first game!

36. Mgaia-Studio

Mgaia-Studio

Hi,
    We published our game on time (July 19th) and submitted it to the contest.
    However, we have a minor update ready to be released, but I'm holding it because that means our game would have an update that went live after the contest deadline was over.
    Should I really avoid updating the game until the contest is over? Would that disqualify me? Or am I free to update it?

37. fifthknotch

fifthknotch

I would hope updating would not disqualify you. We had to update our game due to a post-build error within In App Purchases. That was crucial enough we could not wait, but we also had that update released before the contest deadline.

38. zuzzu

zuzzu

There is no mention about updates in the rules, so I guess it's ok.

39. Mgaia-Studio

Mgaia-Studio

Yes, I thought there should be no problem, too... BUT you know, I should wait for an official answer before doing something that could ruin my entry, right? hehe

40. Ullukai

Ullukai

This is wierd 'cos today i got an email from reportap@microsoft.com that is saying that my app does not pass certifications, policies and that i did not upload a gdf ratings file but i did. Yet it passed all tests and certifications on the 17th of july. This email also says that i have a grace period of 14 days to upload an update of my app after which if i dont upload an update they will take my app off the store ! So i dont know what to do here or who to contact about this so im posting this here. Also when i sent a reply back to the email, i got a reply back from it saying that Vinita.Tayal@microsoft.com does not work here any more and is looking for work now ! what to do now ? lol what a mess and when i go to my dev account to see if my app is on the store and is ok it says ok and is on the store ! I'm confused on what to do now. Any ideas ?

41. zuzzu

zuzzu

42. Ullukai

Ullukai

thanks, i'll try that

43. akenaton

akenaton

Hi Jo Ryall,

I did not get reply to my previous post:

"we have published in time our game TidyUp on 20 july:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/tidyup/2a71fce0-a052-4a39-b208-b2f48c769b5f

but due to short delay we did not implement trial.
    Is that a problem?

Regards

44. SpacePixel

SpacePixel

Any chance of a quick update up on the 'offer' contest? I made level 2 and got Windows Pro, sent my app off for the next level before the above deadline but heard nothing at all, despite emailing the official person I went through for Windows Pro.

45. SpacePixel

SpacePixel

Nothing? Not sure whether to cancel this as I've poured quite a lot of time and resources into making my app for WP8, and while I was sent a Windows Pro license to help with development I've heard nothing along the lines of feedback and advice as was promised.
    * To clarify, this is regarding the Windows offer',

*EDIT* Even the info page for the contest has a 'Forbidden!' error, while the other Games Design contest has a 'Competition now closed' entry page. I'll see what develops over the next couple of days and probably switch my app to the other available platforms, I'm not too impressed by this Microsoft 'initiative'.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  46. DanglingNeuron

DanglingNeuron

47. drewnusser

drewnusser

48. Jack Shiels

Jack Shiels

49. fifthknotch

fifthknotch

I believe the contest page stated contest winners would be notified on or around today so there would be no use in making sure your game got submitted. Contest is over and I'd imagine judging is also.

50. mheyman89

mheyman89

Has anyone been contacted yet?