Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

201 errors and many warnings building Unity iOS project in xcode

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by kafanasiff, May 11, 2016.

1. kafanasiff

kafanasiff

Hello kindly Unity devs,

I am new to iOS development and trying to build my latest Unity game for iPhone/iPad and am getting a whole mess of warnings and errors in xcode. I've tried every combination of settings in Unity and xcode I can think of, but nothing seems to work. Magically, the first time I tried to build the Angry Bots demo project it worked fine, but now I am getting the same errors with that project as with my game. Maybe I changed some setting by accident that is causing the Angry Bots build failure now, but I have no idea what it is...

I've attached the log file from the failed xcode build. I am using Unity 4.7.1 and xcode 7.3.1, and MacOs El Capitan. The errors occur when I build the project on my Windows 10 PC, zip the file, and transfer the zipped build to my Macbook to open in xcode, and also when I zip and copy the whole project file to my Macbook and build the Unity project in MacOs. The game builds fine on other platforms. I have removed all the plugins (GPGS and Chartboost) and still get the same errors. I am not using Unity Ads or any other plugins, and (to the best of my memory) have not at any point added any other plugins to the project.

I've been working on this for days and am at my wits end. Please help if you can!
    Thank you so much in advance.

Attached Files:

2. kafanasiff

kafanasiff

And... apparently I had the active scheme set to a simulator and not "Generic iOS device"... Still get 600+ warnings but no errors and builds successfully now. Yikes.