Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[20% off!] Master Audio - AAA Sound Solution. #1 audio plugin on Asset Store!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dark_tonic, Jan 28, 2013.

1. jerotas

jerotas

Excellent.

2. Mordus

Mordus

prepurchase question.

My game involves needing to play the same sound from multiple different items at the same time.

The player places blocks which do things. Like a pusher block that extends out an arm to push the block next to it. When it does so it plays its arm extending sound. But there could be numerous pusher blocks placed around that are all extending their arm at the same time so you can have the same sound coming from several locations at the same time (actions are synchronised, so every block acts and plays its sound at the same time, the start of each sound is not spread out).

At the moment i'm just using a simple free sound manager which is fine when there's only one or 2 but starts getting glitchy when several are placed next to each other.

Would master audio be able to handle doing this sort of thing more gracefully (playing the same sound from several sources at once) out of the box?

3. jerotas

jerotas

yes. and you will place a limit on how many can play at the same time. the default max is 1 but you adjust to whatever you need.

4. wood333

wood333

I have a sound question that may be a unity limitation. Clean recordings played in the Unity editor sound as if reverb has been added, yet I use none. I can play just the sound file. Clean. Play the same sound in the unity editor via a unity audio source and I hear reverb. Do you know what this is? I own master audio, but have not brought it into the project yet. Can master audio fix this?

5. jerotas

jerotas

It must be in a reverb zone or something causing that.

Master Audio won't fix it because we just use Unity audio entirely under the covers. We just make it manageable and trackable and "no code needed". It won't change functionality or bugs.

6. wood333

wood333

Solved: One of the assets in my project placed an Audio Reverb Filter on my main camera.

7. jerotas

jerotas

Aha! Yeah I figured it was something.

8. boolean01

boolean01

Hi there,

I'm trying to subscribe to the 'SongChanged' custom event. When I implement the 'ICustomEventReceiver' interface, I don't see any way to specify what parameters I want sent to the message receiver (it seems RecieveEvent just takes the customEventName and the transform position). In the documentation it mentions 'A MusicSetting object containing everything about the song is passed to the SongChanged event handler', but I can't figure out how to wire anything up to the SongChanged event which allows the MusicSetting object to be passed in.

Any advice on how this is meant to work?

Edit - I figured most of it out. Geez isn't that always the way, spend hours trying to solve it, then make a post and figure it out within the next 5 minutes. Turns out it's not the custom events which the docs refer to, but PLAYLIST events that have the answer, a bit confusing: http://www.dtdevtools.com/docs/masteraudio/TriggeringAudioCoding.htm#PlaylistEvents. However it passes in a string of the song name instead of the MusicSetting object the docs refer too, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Edit Edit - The docs are a bit out of date there is seems, the new method signature does indeed pass in the MusicSetting object! Well we got there in the end.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  9. jerotas

jerotas

Ok, now please let me know which docs are out of date for what, because I try my best to make sure everything is always up to date, including the API and the documentation website. Is it the picture on that linked page above? Looks like it. I just updated it to show both parameters. The API page looks correct: http://www.dtdevtools.com/API/maste...roller.html#a847a3695b9d70fb513778f82556bab75

Sorry about that.

And do let me know which parts were confusing so I can go read it again a couple times and hopefully fix the docs for future users!

-Brian

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  10. boolean01

boolean01

Thanks for looking into that, the API looks correct now. I hope my post didn't come off as negative towards master audio. The support you put into this asset is absolute platinum tier!

The bit I found confusing was in the docs when it mentions:

So if you click on the PlaylistController in the Unity hierarchy you see all the custom events at the bottom like "Initialized Event", "Song Changed Event", which then let you type in a custom event name. This made me assume then that I must have to hook up a custom event somewhere, so I went to the custom event docs and that's where I got lost.

Having a link in that quote that goes to the Playlist Events page (ie, the delegate type) so that people don't get it confused with custom event type might help.

Thanks again Brian.

jerotas likes this.
  11. banksazero

banksazero

I have some questions about can I add a new variation to a group via script?

12. banksazero

banksazero

Hi There,

Can I add a new variation to a group via script?

13. GrandBOOM

GrandBOOM

Hi. We have a fairly big project and its taking a long time to enter play mode.
    After some profiling I found "AudioScriptOrderManager.cs" to be taking up to 0.4s sometimes.
    While I can read the code and try to speculate at what does it do. I figured I will just comment the static constructor out and it seems to have done nothing to break the sound of our game.
    Is this script really nesessary?

14. jerotas

jerotas

Sorry, I didn't get any notifications this time of replies to my thread. Emailing us at the support email or our official support forum is better because I always check those daily.

You can add a new Variation by calling the following method:
    Code (csharp):
    2. MasterAudio.CreateGroupVariationFromClip

15. jerotas

jerotas

Sorry, I didn't get any notifications this time of replies to my thread. Emailing us at the support email or our official support forum I always check daily.

Yes the script is necessary. It may have already ran its static code once and perhaps that's all that needed. That is used to basically put certain Master Audio scripts in the correct Script Execution Order without every user having to go manually configure that. For certain cases they need to execute in the correct order or you will get errors.

However, I found a way to make it not execute when you press play. Add this if statement to the top of the static constructor. Then it will only execute when you open Unity.

Code (csharp):
    2.         static AudioScriptOrderManager()
    3.         {
    4.             if (EditorApplication.isPlayingOrWillChangePlaymode)
    5.             {
    6.                 return;
    7.             }

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  16. jerotas

jerotas

I have drawn up a decision tree for what happens when you tell Master Audio to play a Sound effect. It can now be viewed on the Troubleshooting and Diagnostics page of the documentation and I'm putting it right here in this post as well. There is a huge update for Master Audio coming this week, just finishing up the documentation. Stay tuned!

boolean01 likes this.
  17. gooses2

gooses2

Hey, I'm trying to get my audio to fade out nicely so I'm using FadeToVolume(0f, 1f) and I have "zero volume causes stop" enabled in settings. But it doesnt work for looped clips?

18. jerotas

jerotas

It happens at the end of the fade so it should work. Are you saying it works only if you turn off loop?

unityunity