Search Unity

Core GameKit! Pooling / Spawning / Combat

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jerotas, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Chibwemwn

Chibwemwn

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. So as you can see this is how I've set up my triggered spawners, but they still don't work. I have the parent triggered spawner, in an empty game object, without a renderer, and that's why I've got the spawn activation event set to OnSpawned. What am I missing?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  2. jerotas

jerotas

Maybe you are at "game over". I notice that your Triggered Spawner game over behavior is set to "disable". You can get to "game over" 2 different ways.

1) Getting to a World Variable value that causes game over. Example: lives = 0. You would need to have set this up yourself though, so I doubt this is the case.
    2) If your Global Waves set up in LevelSettings are all finished. Prior to the version of KW in review right now, you had to set up a very long Global Wave so that Game Over wouldn't occur and shut all your spawners off unless you marked all of them as game over behavior = "as normal". The new version has a checkbox you can turn off that says "use Global Waves" so that you don't have to do these things.

Try setting the Game Over Behavior to "as normal" and see if it works now.

3. Chibwemwn

Chibwemwn

Still isn't working as expected. Does the parent object with the spawner need to have a renderer on it? Maybe that could be the issue. I'm not sure why it's not working.

4. jerotas

jerotas

It doesn't need a renderer. You were using the OnSpawned event, which is for Pool Manager only, and happens right when prefabs get spawned from Pool Manager. Are you using Pool Manager in that project? If not, you should use a different event.

5. Chibwemwn

Chibwemwn

So I was under the impression Pool Manager was part of the Killer Waves package. But anyway, that's old news, XD. I got it to work by adding a mesh renderer to the dummy game object and using the visible event. Thanks for the help, man!

6. jerotas

jerotas

Good to hear! Pool Manager by itself is $30, no way that's part of Killer Waves which is $10 right now. I will eventually add pooling, but it's gonna take a couple months likely.

7. im

im

re: I will eventually add pooling, but it's gonna take a couple months likely.

i thought you already had prefab pools and support for pool manager?

also master audio (different product) does pooling of audio files, right?

but you mean you will add something like pool manager to killer waves, which is cool.

also its well worth checking out pool manager, its very nice asset/author...
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/1010

8. jerotas

jerotas

We have a copy of Pool Manager of course, and yes we have Prefab Pools in KW (not the same as what Pool Manager does at all) and Pool Manager *integration*. That means that if you own Pool Manager, you can enable Killer Waves to use it easily by editing SpawnUtility.cs (there is sample Pool Manager code there). Without this, Killer Waves will Instantiate and Destroy objects, which is bad on performance.

I do highly recommend to purchase the Pool Manager plugin for use with Killer Waves. Great plugin, and it's absolutely essential to use that plugin (or similar) for mobile development, or your performance will be unstable. Master Audio pools audio files yes. But it's not Pool Manager.

We do have plans to add Pool Manager - like features to Killer Waves. But it's a couple months out minimum.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  9. Chibwemwn

Chibwemwn

I was just gonna say, the performance takes a dive when things really get going. Are there any solutions for cleaning things up? The game I've working on is a bullet hell, and it's gonna have a lot going on at once.

10. jerotas

jerotas

Well what specifically do you mean by cleaning things up? Of course performance is terrible when Instantiating things left and right. That's an anti-best practice. Best practice is to buy Pool Manager and integrate it into everything. In fact it was the very first plugin I bought when I started using Unity. Absolutely essential.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  11. jerotas

jerotas

Even when I do get around to adding pooling, it won't be nearly as full-featured as Pool Manager, so I still recommend people buy both.

12. jerotas

jerotas

Killer Waves 2.7.7 is live. Now you have full 2D support!

13. insaineyesay

insaineyesay

Hello,
    I'm thinking about purchasing your plugin. Question though. Are future upgrades included? So if I buy now, will upgrades be included or no?
    Thanks! looks like just what i need!

14. jerotas

jerotas

Yes, you're buying on the Unity Asset Store. Future upgrades are always free, no matter what price you paid or what the price changes to later. So good time to buy!

15. insaineyesay

insaineyesay

Nice. Thanks for the fast response!

16. insaineyesay

insaineyesay

Hello Again,
    Just bought the plugin last night. Love it so far and the documentation is awesome. Thanks. I did have a question though. Creating waves of enemies that either arc, or move in a snake like motion... Is that possible just using the setting found in the default editor? Or would I still need to custom script that kind of behavior?
    I've been googling for 2 days. I found some stuff, but I was hoping that there was a combination of settings that could be used to create this effect.
    Any advice would be great.

Thanks

17. jerotas

jerotas

Killer Waves alone won't get you cool enemy behavior effects. I don't include any motion scripts aside from overly simple ones used in the demo scenes.

You can do that by creating a movement of the Transform axes (X, Y, Z) in the Animation window, which is default Unity stuff. Then just auto play the animation in Awake.

Or you could use iTween or Playmaker (with iTween) to create movement behaviors. There's also a new feature in Unity 4.3, part of the 2D implementation, that has some sort of new features with tweening as well. I forget the name?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  18. semmerich

semmerich

Hey Jerotas,

Sorry I missed you on skype wednesday. I had to work overtime and frankly got home far too late. I believe I have an idea on how to solve my issue though. So I will try that out. I might be on skype tomorrow so I will try to message then if you happen to be on.

19. jerotas

jerotas

No problem. I hope you figure it out. If not, we'll talk soon.

20. jerotas

jerotas

Killer Waves V2.7.8 has been submitted. Changes are:

• Breaking change: (not really, but need to pay attention). Added a container folder "DarkTonic" for the top-level Killer Waves folder. This way we're able to avoid duplicate class errors from UndoHelper if you use more than one of our products. When upgrading to this version, please delete the Killer Waves folder first or create a "DarkTonic" folder in Assets and move the Killer Waves folder into it before upgrading.
    • Fixed false Inspector error.
    • Fixed bug where co-routine for "despawn when not visible too long" didn't work after re-spawning the same object.
    • Find Select buttons for Prefab Pools now find Killables Triggered Spawners as well as Syncro Spawners.
    • Added "Invincible" checkbox to Killable. This makes the Killable not take any damage from other Killables while checked. Good for temporary invincibility.
    • Added "If Spawner Destroyed" modes to Killable in the Despawn Triggers section. Choices are Do Nothing, Despawn and Die. This enables "mothership-powered objects" that die without whatever spawned it. I updated the 2nd example scene to make the small fighters spawned by the mothership to use this.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  21. John-Sandrey

John-Sandrey

I was just wondering, I have just killer waves and master audio in my project and I get this error.

Scripts named 'UndoHelper.cs' exist in multiple locations (Assets/MasterAudio/Editor/UndoHelper.cs). Please rename one of the scripts to a unique name.

Is there a bug with the two? I am using 3.5.7 on a mac.

22. jerotas

jerotas

Just delete one of them, they are identical. In the just submitted version of both plugins I have added a DarkTonic container folder so that after you upgrade both of them in the newest version, this won't happen again.

Thank you.

23. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I notice that you integrate with physics/2d physics to do things like triggers etc... if I don't want to use unity physics in my game, is it possible to still fairly easily trigger an event, like maybe I use my own collision detection system which finds all collisions and then somehow calls a function or something in your system that registers as a trigger collision, spawning stuff etc? Basically how does this work with non-unity collisions/custom collision events?

24. jerotas

jerotas

There are 2 "code triggered events" you can use in the Triggered Spawner for such events, you would need to call them manually. Soon I will add custom user-definable events, but for now that's the only way. Well, if you're manually calling events, you could conceivably call any event in Triggered Spawner that's public. There are a few, take a look.

Also, I don't consider triggers part of Physics really, not all the time. Not if there's no actual gravity involved. Sometimes we make one object have a gravity rigidbody just so that we can have a trigger or collision, but turn on the constaints to not allow moving.

25. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I bought it, seems good so far. Are trigger colliders faster than when they're causing physics collisions, performance-wise? By how much?

Btw I think a really useful feature you might add soon would be to spawn objects with their rotation aiming toward the player.

Also, are the prefab pools actually like pre-allocated prefabs to save on memory allocations, or is the Pool Manager asset required to do that?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  26. jerotas

jerotas

Well I'd say by at least 7x. We couldn't have more than 7 gravity rigidbodies on our first iOS game due to performance. But we ran with 50 non-gravity ones no problem.

27. jerotas

jerotas

Killer Waves V2.7.8 is live on the Asset Store. Get your mothership-powered objects working now!

28. TonyLi

TonyLi

Since V2.7.7 Killer Waves is no longer compatible out-of-the-box with Unity 4.2, right? (No Collision2D in 4.2.)

29. jerotas

jerotas

Actually, that's incorrect. I don't leave large portions of my users behind with *any* updates. I use version-specific compilation. Killer Waves still works with Unity 3.5.7 and up. If you don't have Unity 4.3, you won't get full undo and you won't see the options for 2D collisions and triggers. Everything else is still there though.

30. TonyLi

TonyLi

I'm importing Killer Waves V2.7.8 into an empty Unity 4.2.1f4 project on Windows 7. Looks like some compiler directives just need to be updated, such as in Killable.cs:
    Code (csharp):
    2.     #if UNITY_3_0 || UNITY_3_1 || UNITY_3_2 || UNITY_3_3 || UNITY_3_4 || UNITY_3_5
    3.         // not supported
    4.     #else
    5.         void OnCollisionEnter2D(Collision2D coll) {
    6.             CollisionEnter2D(coll);
    7.         }
    8.         ...
    The code above doesn't compile in 4.2.1 because Collision2D hadn't been introduced yet.

If it's any help, the full compiler errors are:
    Code (csharp):
    2. - starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp.dll, for buildtarget 5
    5. -----Compiler Commandline Arguments:
    7. Filename: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono\bin\mono.exe"
    9. Arguments: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono\lib/mono/unity\smcs.exe"  @Temp/UnityTempFile-b5697f0e440814a428ad20692406980f
    11. MONO_PATH: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono\lib\mono\unity
    13. MONO_CFG_DIR: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono\etc
    15. index: 74
    17. Responsefile: Temp/UnityTempFile-b5697f0e440814a428ad20692406980f Contents:
    19. -debug
    21. -target:library
    23. -nowarn:0169
    25. -out:Temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll
    27. -r:"C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll"
    29. -r:"C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Managed/UnityEditor.dll"
    31. -define:UNITY_STANDALONE_WIN
    33. -define:ENABLE_MICROPHONE
    35. -define:ENABLE_TEXTUREID_MAP
    37. -define:ENABLE_AUDIO_FMOD
    39. -define:UNITY_STANDALONE
    41. -define:ENABLE_MONO
    43. -define:ENABLE_TERRAIN
    45. -define:ENABLE_SUBSTANCE
    47. -define:ENABLE_GENERICS
    49. -define:ENABLE_MOVIES
    51. -define:ENABLE_WWW
    53. -define:ENABLE_IMAGEEFFECTS
    55. -define:ENABLE_WEBCAM
    57. -define:RENDER_SOFTWARE_CURSOR
    59. -define:ENABLE_NETWORK
    61. -define:ENABLE_PHYSICS
    63. -define:ENABLE_CACHING
    65. -define:ENABLE_CLOTH
    67. -define:ENABLE_SHADOWS
    69. -define:ENABLE_AUDIO
    71. -define:ENABLE_DUCK_TYPING
    73. -define:ENABLE_SINGLE_INSTANCE_BUILD_SETTING
    75. -define:UNITY_4_2_1
    77. -define:UNITY_4_2
    79. -define:ENABLE_PROFILER
    81. -define:UNITY_EDITOR
    83. -define:UNITY_EDITOR_WIN
    85. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KW_Enemy.cs
    87. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KW_Fighter1.cs
    89. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KW_Fighter2.cs
    91. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KW_Instructions.cs
    93. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KW_Instructions2.cs
    95. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KW_MenuInstructions.cs
    97. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KW_MotherShip.cs
    99. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KW_Player.cs
    101. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KW_Projectile.cs
    103. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KW_Shot3.cs
    105. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KW_UFO.cs
    107. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KW_UFOProjectile.cs
    109. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KillableListenerSubclass.cs
    111. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/ExampleScenes/Scripts/KillableSubclass.cs
    113. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/ParticleDespawner.cs
    115. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TimedDespawner.cs
    117. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TimedDespawnerListener.cs
    119. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TriggeredDespawner.cs
    121. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TriggeredDespawnerListener.cs
    123. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Level/LevelSettings.cs
    125. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Level/LevelSettingsListener.cs
    127. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Level/LevelSpecifics.cs
    129. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Level/LevelWave.cs
    131. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Level/LevelWaveMusicSettings.cs
    133. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Music/WaveMusicChanger.cs
    135. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Music/WaveMusicChangerListener.cs
    137. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/PrefabPool/WavePrefabPool.cs
    139. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/PrefabPool/WavePrefabPoolGroup.cs
    141. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/PrefabPool/WavePrefabPoolItem.cs
    143. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/PrefabPool/WavePrefabPoolListener.cs
    145. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/PlayerSpawner.cs
    147. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/SpawnTracker.cs
    149. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs
    151. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawnerListener.cs
    153. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/WaveSyncroPrefabSpawner.cs
    155. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/WaveSyncroSpawnerListener.cs
    157. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs
    159. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/KillableChildCollision.cs
    161. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/KillableChildVisibility.cs
    163. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/KillableListener.cs
    165. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/PlayerPrefs.cs
    167. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/SpawnUtility.cs
    169. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/SpawnerUtility.cs
    171. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Wave/EventDespawnSpecifics.cs
    173. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Wave/TriggeredWaveMetaData.cs
    175. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Wave/TriggeredWaveSpecifics.cs
    177. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Wave/WaveSpecifics.cs
    179. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/WorldVariables/InGameWorldVariable.cs
    181. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/WorldVariables/WorldVariable.cs
    183. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/WorldVariables/WorldVariableCollection.cs
    185. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/WorldVariables/WorldVariableListener.cs
    187. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/WorldVariables/WorldVariableModifier.cs
    189. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/WorldVariables/WorldVariableRange.cs
    191. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/WorldVariables/WorldVariableRangeCollection.cs
    193. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/WorldVariables/WorldVariableResetter.cs
    195. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/WorldVariables/WorldVariableToReset.cs
    197. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/WorldVariables/WorldVariableTracker.cs
    199. -r:"C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono\lib/mono/unity\System.Runtime.Serialization.dll"
    201. -r:"C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono\lib/mono/unity\System.Xml.Linq.dll"
    205. -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll
    207. Compilation failed: 12 error(s), 0 warnings
    209. -----CompilerOutput:-stderr----------
    211. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs(233,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collision2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    213. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs(237,54): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collision2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    215. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs(247,39): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    217. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs(251,52): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    219. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TriggeredDespawner.cs(113,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collision2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    221. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TriggeredDespawner.cs(130,39): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    223. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TriggeredDespawner.cs(147,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    225. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs(608,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collision2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    227. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs(639,39): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    229. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs(670,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    231. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/KillableChildCollision.cs(49,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collision2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    233. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/KillableChildCollision.cs(57,39): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    235. -----EndCompilerOutput---------------
    237. - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp.dll
    238. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs(233,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collision2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    240. (Filename: Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs Line: 233)
    242. Error: Analytics Event: 5(Compiler*error CS0246*The type or namespace name `Collision2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)(1): skipped because it was sent more than once in 0.10 seconds
    243. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs(237,54): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collision2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    245. (Filename: Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs Line: 237)
    247. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs(247,39): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    249. (Filename: Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs Line: 247)
    251. Error: Analytics Event: 5(Compiler*error CS0246*The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)(1): skipped because it was sent more than once in 0.10 seconds
    252. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs(251,52): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    254. (Filename: Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/Killable.cs Line: 251)
    256. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TriggeredDespawner.cs(113,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collision2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    258. (Filename: Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TriggeredDespawner.cs Line: 113)
    260. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TriggeredDespawner.cs(130,39): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    262. (Filename: Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TriggeredDespawner.cs Line: 130)
    264. Error: Analytics Event: 5(Compiler*error CS0246*The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)(1): skipped because it was sent more than once in 0.10 seconds
    265. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TriggeredDespawner.cs(147,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    267. (Filename: Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Despawners/TriggeredDespawner.cs Line: 147)
    269. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs(608,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collision2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    271. (Filename: Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs Line: 608)
    273. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs(639,39): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    275. (Filename: Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs Line: 639)
    277. Error: Analytics Event: 5(Compiler*error CS0246*The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)(1): skipped because it was sent more than once in 0.10 seconds
    278. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs(670,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    280. (Filename: Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs Line: 670)
    282. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/KillableChildCollision.cs(49,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collision2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    284. (Filename: Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/KillableChildCollision.cs Line: 49)
    286. Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/KillableChildCollision.cs(57,39): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Collider2D' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    288. (Filename: Assets/DarkTonic/KillerWaves/Scripts/Utility/KillableChildCollision.cs Line: 57)
    290.  done. [Time: 718.154371 ms]

31. jerotas

jerotas

Thanks for the heads up Tony. I hadn't tested on Unity 4.2, just Unity 4.3 and 3.5.7. I'll fix this ASAP. Is there a reason you aren't upgrading to 4.3 by the way?

32. TonyLi

TonyLi

No problem. It works fine for me in 4.3, and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in 4.2. I also have customers on 4.2, so my poor development box is loaded down with every version from 4.2.1 up. :)

33. insaineyesay

insaineyesay

Hey
    This is probably a newb question, but I was trying to implement a health point system. And I see there are events like 'takingDamage' and things like that in the killableListeners script. I'm creating a subclass from that script, and want to use the wordVariableListener script to create a GUI that starts off with the full health points from the killable component set in the world variable and decreases with each hit point.
    I've found numerous scripts online to do this but i didn't want to script a bunch of extra stuff if there's something already in killable that would help me do that. Are there methods like for example totalHitPoints, currentHitPoints, etc already built in?

Again, sorry for my newbness. And any insight is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

34. jerotas

jerotas

You can set up Health as a World Variable, make its initial value 100 and set it up so it ends the game when it reaches zero. This is all done through the Inspector under LevelSettings / WorldVariables.

Alternatively, you could set it up with a Killable with 100 Hit points if you have a visible player on the screen. You could also use a World Variable and keep it in sync with your player's current hit points, or not use a variable and just display the current hit points in your GUI. Yes, current HP and total HP are both visible in the Inspector and can be accessed through scripts as well.

35. insaineyesay

insaineyesay

ok, well for some reason my hit points don't show and aren't being kept in sync or showing, but i die when hit points reaches 0. I was wondering why this function wasn't working. Must've been something I've done. I have the GUI set up, the worldvariables and everything in the levelsettings. and the GUI is on the screen, from the worldvariable component but its not registering as what I set it to. It's just zero. And during runtime/gameplay, the levelsettings world variable is 0 as well. Score, and experience work though and I set the health up the same way.

I'll double check to make sure I'm not screwing things up by not setting it up right and if i still need help maybe i'll hit you up again.
    Thanks for the quick response!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  36. jerotas

jerotas

Hit points doesn't update, think of that at total hit points. Current hit points only shows up at runtime and gets updated when the Killable is damaged. These are both in the Inspector.

37. TonyLi

TonyLi

This is a really minor thing, but in your next update would you please change the default folder for Playmaker_CustomActions.unitypackage to /DarkTonic/KillerWaves? It's still pointing to /KillerWaves.

38. jerotas

jerotas

Will do. Thanks Tony!

39. Chibwemwn

Chibwemwn

Has the latest Update broken anything for anyone else? Because the Killable script isn't working for me, in my 2D project. None of the trigger events seem to be working to destroy objects. The HP of the objects isn't being affected by events that should do so. Is there something I'm missing? It was all working when I was using the 2.7.6 update, hmm...

40. dead1ock

dead1ock

Is there anyway to upgrade from the old Free version (v2.6.3.0) to the newest version ( v2.7.8 ) without losing all the level data?

Thanks

41. jerotas

jerotas

I don't believe I changed anything that would affect that. HP doesn't change, but "current HP" does change.

42. jerotas

jerotas

Kind of. Because in the free version all scripts are in a DLL, it won't recognize any of the non-DLL script files, which is all of them. You can try dragging in the script files in the pro version into everywhere it can't find one, if you know which scripts go where. Otherwise you'll need to scrap it all. This is the downside of free plugins.

43. dead1ock

dead1ock

Ok, it's not too much of a problem. I just reached the 45 second limit today and thought I might as well invest with the price being as low as it is right now. Won't take me too long to re-stage ~45 seconds of gameplay.

Thanks for the help!

44. jerotas

jerotas

Any time! Thank you for the buy.

45. Chibwemwn

Chibwemwn

$Screen shot 2013-12-18 at 10.47.27 AM.png $Screen shot 2013-12-18 at 10.47.50 AM.png
    So what I mean is the current HP doesn't change at all, during runtime. Things are set up the same as they were before, but the killable script doesn't seem to be working. Not even the child visibility script.

46. jerotas

jerotas

Looks ok. I don't see anything in the 2 release notes since 2.7.6 that would affect that. Turn on "log events" in that Killable, apply changes to its prefab, hit Play and look for clues in the console. That's what the checkbox is for (clues).

47. Chibwemwn

Chibwemwn

Okay, so I've done that, and nothing's happening in terms of the killable script. This is one thing I get, though:

Starting wave from triggered spawner: Dispercer Enemy HP_0, event: Visible.
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    TriggeredSpawner:SetupNextWave(TriggeredWaveSpecifics, EventType, Int32) (at Assets/Assets/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs:904)
    TriggeredSpawner:_OnBecameVisible(Boolean) (at Assets/Assets/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs:368)
    TriggeredSpawner:OnBecameVisible() (at Assets/Assets/KillerWaves/Scripts/Spawners/TriggeredSpawner.cs:354)

Any idea what that means?

48. jerotas

jerotas

Well it has nothing to do with your Killable problem. Weren't you using 2D colliders on your Killables? You on Unity 4.3?

49. Chibwemwn

Chibwemwn

Yeah, exactly. I'm on 4.3, and I am using 2D colliders, and I've set them as triggers. I've also got 2D rigid bodies, if that helps.

50. oyun hane

oyun hane