Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[20% madness sale] Renderator v 1.06

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kamil_Reich, Jan 25, 2016.

?

Fair price?

Poll closed Jan 29, 2016.
  1. 10$

28.6%
  2. 15$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 20$

42.9%
  4. 25$

28.6%
  1. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

So madness sale is took into that asset too to make you happier :) - 20 %

2. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

I tried the free version, and though the multiplier increased the image size, it literally just multiplied the pixels, instead of rendering a proper higher resolution screenshot. Is this by design or did I miss something?

3. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @roberteker, If you set it up like on scrennshot below it should give higher resolution image :)

4. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

Right, but if you open that image and zoom in 100%, you will see that the pixels are really blocky and large, with simply the pixels size increased instead of the rendering resolution.

But I've switched to another asset now that gives me this desired behavior.

5. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi, can you describe me what exactly you get? Those below are made with that tool.

6. darveshi

darveshi

Once imported in to project. Its disables anti aliasing in Quality Settings.
    Even after puting the quality back to anti aliasing - 8Xmultisampling, I am experiencing poor output of screenshots sequence. Individul image looks good. But once we prepare video out of image sequence, found that the lines are not properly rendered. Those are disturbed rapidly throughout the video.
    Please do suggest any solution for same.

Thanks in advance
    Sandip Darveshi

7. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @darveshi, script does not doing any changes in editor, just in game. Importing whole project may change them because it have got also examples which have set up settings.
    So firstly, please increase delay value. If that won't help please tell me version of unity which you are using and if it's possible video result (may be on PM channel).
    Cheers,
    Kamil

8. DarkNode

DarkNode

Hi Kamil, how would I edit your script to add a startFrame text field form so I can just tell the script where to start before I hit Play? Or would that take a complete rewrite of the script?

And thanks for your fantastic script! My clients love my videos!

9. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @DarkNode, nice to hear everyone is happy :)
    So I made something like this inside script:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. // 1. Make startFrame variable before Current Frame - it's now in line 29.
    2. // 2. You have got while function in line 179 now, take Capture() in if function:
    3. if(CurrentFrame >= startFrame)
    4. Capture();
    5. // rest leave as is :)

Cheers,
    Kamil

10. Boingbloed

Boingbloed

Great asset, well done you! Just bought the pro version.
    Any chance you could implement:
    -a batch render interface(rendering a list of different scenes/cameras)
    -an option for file name and extensions

Kind regards
    Christian

Kamil_Reich likes this.
  11. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @Boingbloed,
    Thanks for suggestions, can you tell me what actually you want with first option? Do you want something which will controll, let's say: first 2 minutes on first camera, second 3 minutes on second camera, etc. or you want to render on few cameras in the same time?
    At the moment if you want to modify name change it or comment in lines 167 - 171. Every part of naming is described inside script. I will update that tool with naming from inspector if you want. Extension is png 24 bit to give best result for later editing, are you sure you want less quality?
    Cheers,
    Kamil

12. motiondolphins

motiondolphins

Hi there!

Is there a way to make renderator pro not take screenshots from the main camera, but from display 2 for example?

13. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @motiondolphins, it's working on camera where script is enabled.
    Cheers,
    Kamil

14. phil_unity464

phil_unity464

I have installed the Free version but I can only get a single PNG as output - the setup says nothing about Frame Rate etc like the PRO version apparently does. I have fields for:

Multiplier
    Render
    Render at start
    Path

How do I get video? If I check "Render at start" I only get a single frame at the start of the video. Is it a problem that I am using the Linux version of Unity?

15. kevclark

kevclark

Hi Kamil,
    I got the Renderator pro from the asset store, and am trying to get some still high quality renders to print out (4K), but for some reason, every image the renderator outputs looks really bad (see below) . Even a screenshot looks much better than the output render, but not good enough to print. I am also quite new to unity, so probably I am doing something wrong. any suggestions?
    Here are my settings
    Thanks

upload_2019-2-15_19-13-2.png Render_2019-02-15_06-42-03_00001.png

16. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @kevclark,
    May you send me screenshots from your scene? (I wanna know which parts are models)
    Please also read manual (.pdf file) - section: "What can go wrong and what can I do".
    Cheers,
    Kamil

17. radiantboy

radiantboy

might be a stupid question, but can this output 4k res even if my monitor cannot? cheers

18. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @radiantboy,
    There is no stupid quesions when you wanna know something :)
    As you may see here, one of first videos:

It was used on 720p screen notebook and output was 4k.
    Just be sure before buy you want to use it on unity version which support "capturescreenshot" method.
    Cheers,
    Kamil

19. Jeternity

Jeternity

Hi Kamil1064,
    Your Tool is really awesom but I got a little Problem. I use Renderator FREE and need really large Screenshots which are printable. So I used the "multipler" function of your tool, but the Image turned out very dark. If I put the multipler on 1 everything is fine but if I choose 2 or above the Images turn out really dark. I already tried to turn of the Anti-Aliasing but it makes no differenz.
    I use Unity Version 2018 and the Color Space is Linear. I tried to change the color Space to Gamma and then the Images stay the same, no darker ones. But I need the Color Space to be on Linear not Gamma.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Renderator_Mutliplyer1.png Renderator_Mutliplyer2.png

20. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @Jeternity
    Sorry for long respond but i wasn't in home.
    This tool is taking screenshot from camera you have got atttached script (Game view, not editor scene view) with all post pro effects. May you show me screenshot for whole monitor / screen? It may be on private messages if you don't want to share it public.
    Cheers,
    Kamil