Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[20% madness sale] Renderator v 1.06

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kamil_Reich, Jan 25, 2016.

?

Fair price?

Poll closed Jan 29, 2016.
  1. 10$

28.6%
  2. 15$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 20$

42.9%
  4. 25$

28.6%
  1. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Renderator Pro is finally in asset store :)
    Renderator free is also in asset store
    Renderator is an addon (render engine) which allows you to render with higher resolution than your screen have. It's provedes you to make 4k 60FPS videos of you Game window in unity's editor, or even larger (10000x5000 in video for example). So you can make easly wallpapers, commersials or even present your assets in higher resolution, whatever your screen is. Just add that one script on your camera, do some quick setup and click play button, renderator will do rest :) Output is .png 24 bits file so you get best quality.
    There will be no matter framerate like there is show on video.
    Inside project there will be some basics scene which will show how it's work with animation, physics, changing lights on PBR materials.
    There will be 2 versions:
    1. Free - simple solution but will need some manual work, "how to" will be explained inside "readme" file.
    2. Pro - fully automatic like on video :)
    Few links to renders made with it in unity, be sure to zoom on them ;)
    Inside script important stuff is explained.
    There will be two versions: Polski & English :)
    Tested on personal version of unity (free).

Here is link to the video, it should be in asset store soon :)

It's working with unity's Game window in editor, so it's compatible with every asset.
    If you do a little tricky you can make them with transparent background but later will be more about it.
    http://imgur.com/YUnbOvT That one have got alpha channel.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    GameTechnix and theANMATOR2b like this.
  2. GameTechnix

GameTechnix

Cool idea, would be handy for games marketing.

3. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Thanks for your opinion, if you would like to see something on upgarde, which isn't presented here, feel free :)

4. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

I'm sending video how renderator PRO is working on my old notebook, His spec. is:
    i5-3210M
    2x4Gb of RAM
    geforce gt 630M
    1366x768 screen
    In practise I can play here Battlefield 3 on normal or Borderlands 2 on low.
    As you may see on video I've got here viking village which runs slowly even in editor here, on gamelpay have less than 10 FPS but it's still rendering. It's taking here over 2 seconds per frame to render 4k, at the end you may see I started rendering 4200 frames.

Now when I'm sending this rendering is finished and I still have got notebook :) so now time to make video from this and then I will post result here :)

5. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Ok, just uploaded on youtube this 4k 60 FPS rendered on 720p <10 FPS :D

Edit: it should be in 4k 60 fps soon, youtube must eat this :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  6. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

That how look like test scene, on first camera turnable monkey model, rotating 30 degrees per second, on second physics an light updating. If you turn on/off cameras be sure light bake will update. Into cameras I have parented all scene objects so you don't have to jump between scenes just turn on camera.
    Last improvement for now is simple wireframe script which allows you to make wireframe videos :) It's making colors of edges like model has so if you want it black just change material into model ;)

If you don't need it just import renderator srcipts, readme files and sound. I'm starting publishing it now.

7. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Just submited PRO version, thanks everyone for voting. We've got draw between 3 choices so price will be the middle one :) 20$ Now time to submit FREE (limited) version.

8. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Now waiting to accept both.
    Here will be simple comparsion both versions:
    Both allows you to make supersized screenshot - normal mode, wireframe, with transparent background. Both working on any pc which can run unity, renders are in 24 bits png to give best quality. Both are in two languages (polish, english), scripts have comments to let you know a little, also tere are Readme files. And you get free monkey head in PBR :)
    But on free version you must make the right size you Game window manually, it's also limited to make one render per gameplay.
    Pro version set dimensions of your Game window automaticly and always highest possible to give you best result.
    Second advantage is you have no freeezing, lag on final output, for example if you want to make turnable sequence you will not have even one frame shift, which you may see on videos above, viking village was rendered on my old notebook.
    Third advantage is it's automaticly making breaks between renders to give you fastest rendering (speed depends on pc power offcourse :) ).

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  9. kenshin

kenshin

Very nice work!
    It will work on standalone player?

10. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Thanks :) At version 1.00 it's dedicated to work in editor, but who knows what will be next :) Offcourse you may modify it to your usage. If you build game with that it will rendering on scene load (where the script is) but as you may see, when I was rendering viking village on my notebook it starded after I changed camera to fly mode. At the moment all you have to do is probably change file path (I'm not sure the "Screnshots" folder will be after buiding).

kenshin likes this.
  11. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Still waiting for respond from asset store but now I can say renderator FREE on version 1.01 will render on button press (or just like now) so you will be able to take more than one screenshot from one gameplay, for example for different camera transform :)

12. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

While waiting I made another video with renderator PRO :)

13. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Packcage has been declined. There was some issues with missing files and images wasn't correct. I posted both version in the same time, maybe that wasn't good. Anyway, now posted pro version to review, tomorrow will post free one and will see what happen :)
    I don't know what youtube made with video I've last posted so here is new one of last movie rendered with that asset:

14. blackbird

blackbird

release the free one on github or any other filehost

15. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

That may be solution, thanks. Will see what next time they respond :)

blackbird likes this.
  16. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

17. blackbird

blackbird

the gameplay recording is directly from the editor or it runs frame by frame or how it works ?

18. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

You are preparing your game trailer or lets focus on asset presentation. You set up everything like you would use external screen recorder. But external recorder has limitation of your screen resolution and framerate. Renderator PRO rendering your gameplay when you press CTRL+P/CMD+P from editor (you jump to gameplay), it's doing it frame by frame whatever resolution and framerate you want and save .png 24 bits into folder :) Accurate description step by step is inside project :)
    Just drag&drop script on camera, do few steps and go. it's almost "plug and play" so it's compatible with any asset/game :)
    Renderator free is just released but it's not making animations, only screenshots but still in highest resolution.

19. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

20. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

If you would you like to see new stuff in update please talk about it :)

21. Black wake

Black wake

hi, can i help this error in free version

22. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi, I just reproduced this situation :) This happen when you don't have Screenshots folder inside, please make one. Of course you may change this inside script in lines where are "Assets/Screenshots/Render" One more thing - those scripts do the same, they are just named EN&PL because this asset is 2 language, so if you are using both you get one render because one rewrite second.

23. Black wake

Black wake

[Quote = "estela Negro, de la publicación: 2554028, Miembro: 1079633"] Hola, puedo Ayudar A Este error en la versión Gratuita

[/ CITAR]
    [Quote = "estela Negro, de la publicación: 2554028, Miembro: 1079633"] Hola, puedo Ayudar A Este error en la versión Gratuita

[/ CITAR]

Thank you, i work in my Unity

24. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Good to know it's working :) I just set to pending review version 1.01 where it will add folder if you don't have. You will be able also to choose path from Inspector panel :) The same and even more for PRO version.

25. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Version 1.01 of both is pendeing review right now.
    Now you will be able in both versions to choose path where renders will be saved from Inspector panel. If it's null it will use default Screnshots folder, if not exist script will create it.

On PRO version also one more update - you may chose to quit playmode automaticly after rendering are finished :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  26. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi, version 1.01 of free is just released but there is an bug so please just modify english version of script, in lines 33 and 53 just change inside brackets to path + "/Render". It's very important to use advantages of new version properly. You don't need to change anything in polish version of script. I just forgot this somehow, anyway both scripts do the same of course.

27. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

PRO version is also updated, without bugs :)

28. homerender

homerender

Not working on 5.3.4f1 :( Just black screenshots.

29. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi, may you check on older version, or other projects? I'm downloading unity 5.3.4f1 now to check it.
    Edit: I just checked on this unity version and everything is working fine.
    Please send me some details: OS, are those screenshots have got right size as you choose and as above, please check that on other scene/project.
    This script must be attached to an active camera.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  30. exitsimulation

exitsimulation

Does this work to save screenshots on mobile or is it for mac/pc only?

31. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @monogon, at the moment it's designed to use in editor :)

32. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @homerender, did you solved this?

33. montyfi

montyfi

Can I start recording not from beginning, but when I un-pause the game? E.g. disabling your component at start, run to some place, hit pause, enable your component, and then start recording?

34. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @montyfi, you can start whenever you want :) It will start work when you enable script, you can use it even multiple times in one gameplay, names basing on frames but it will not remove any renders. Just add one function if you want use it multiple times:
    void OnEnable()
    {
    CurrentFrame = 0;
    nieMamWyjscia = 0;
    Time.timeScale = 0.0001f;
    }
    Of course you may change also resolution and all options between renders :)
    Bun note also at end of rendering it's change Time.timeScale to 0, just coment those lines so you will be able to play normally.

35. Max_Bol

Max_Bol

I have a question.

Does this supports the Orthographic view or Screen-Space Overlay UI elements?
    Currently, I have confirmed that at least, 9 out of 10 of the "High res" screen taking tools around only support 3D rendered assets and ignore any UI elements set in Screen-Space Overlay. As for the orthographic view, they all force a perspective view on the camera, which ends up quite not well.

36. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @Max_Bol, thanks for this question, it's actually showing me problems users may have, but not here :) I wrote here special method to do all that stuff for users. It's rendering everything is on your camera - no matter is it perspective or orthographic, does it have UI elements or not, postPro on camera or not. What you can see on camera where script is attached it will be on renders. Here is result I made today - ortographic camera and World space canvas.

And one frame with all canvas kind and two cameras and once:

Asset not need any updates for that, just add some UI elements, all you want :)

37. ptblk

ptblk

hey , trying this out but getting a black screen?

38. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @ptblk, following to your PM, have you tried this with my asset or only this you send me link (not mine)? :)
    To make screenshots you don't need PRO version. There is no limitation in script, it depends on pc power. But you must set up resolution by your self in free version (how - is in readme file). PRO version do that automaticly and allow to render animation.
    Edit: 40k

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  39. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @homerender, you probably need to turn off antialliasing in quality setting, just tested it with another user.

40. JumpWire

JumpWire

I bought the pro version and it seems to work very well except for the frame numbering. How can I keep the output from including the time in the file name? When I try to import the image sequence into After Effects or Premiere the time numbers create problems. The software thinks that the sequence is only 5 frames long when it is actually 300.

41. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @JumpWire, I'm not sure I understand well your question. As default name is: Render_2016-06-25_08-24-15_00002 - which after last underscore is number of frame. Every part of name is commented in script if you would like to make some changes.
    I don't know after effects but it looks like it's giving in your case 5 seconds in 60 FPS, maybe those frames are scaled? For example in blender, when I import only one picture - default lenght is depends on framerate in setting (24 f.e.) but if I have at least two pictures every has lenght of one frame. Maybe something that kind is happening in AF?

42. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I've tried out Renderator Free and it works very well. :) Thank you!

I will buy Pro if you can confirm it captures a true alpha channel/transparency – not just a solid background to key out later. (I bought a similar asset already that can't capture the alpha :rolleyes: …. )

TechnicalArtist likes this.
  43. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @wetcircuit, at the moment it cannot capture alpha channel as we would like :) Beta not working good enough to release.

wetcircuit likes this.
  44. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Thank you! I may buy anyway to get the render-size feature, but I understand. It must not be a simple issue….

45. Weisse

Weisse

Hi,
    Very nice asset. But slightly complicated for a simple user. It would be nice if you add the recommended Framecount for a specific Framerate. Because its little hard to come up with the value of Framecount.

46. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @Weisse, I will add it in new update :) Thanks for the tip.

47. Weisse

Weisse

Hello again, just letting you know, it will very nice if you create a tutorial how to merge pictures in any program.
    Thank you

48. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @Weisse, please look video on my first post, in about 5:25 I'm importing all into blender, however it's speed up, I will record something with subtitles for someone new who already downloaded blender. All trick is only import all pictures in your favourite tool and set up the same framerate like in Renderator PRO.

49. Weisse

Weisse

I already merged pictures in Blender, but have some glitches, like 15-20 FPS, not 60. But in Renderator script i wrote 60, and in blender settings aswell.
    Should i close or stop all programs when Renderator is rendering pictures? By the way, i have like 16k pictures by end, and it`s long to wait, so im watching films at this time :) Is it a problem?
    Thank you for your help.

50. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

That should not be problem since version when it's waiting to count everything before go to next frame but if you have problem you may try to not do anything.